Two

May 28th, 2020

I walk into the bedroom with Peyton and immediately stop in my tracks when I see Jack tying a tie. He's so dressed up in a suit and I'm not phased. He wears a suit to work every day.

"Babe, what are you doing?" I ask because he didn't go to work earlier.

"We're going on a date. Get dressed." He commands.

"What about-"

"Sam and Johnson are babysitting Peyton." He cuts me off. "I want to take you on a special date, so can you please get dressed." He emphasizes his pleading. "I want to apologize for my rudeness last night."

"Jack, I already told you, don't worry about it. I'm over it." I laugh, setting my son down. "Why can't Dylan babysit? He's so good with kids."

"No, I don't want your ex near my kid and I skipped work today to take you on this date. I set everything up to make it perfect. Please cooperate with me, Camila."

"Okay, okay. Keep an eye on Peyton." I tell Jack, while going into the closet.

"Wear a black dress or something. Not too skimpy because we're going to be in public."

Geez, he's picky today. I go into our walk-in closet and fish out a black dress. It's not too revealing, just skin tight. I strip out of my current clothing and change into the dress. I walk out of the closet after and Jack's eyes immediately land on me.

"Wow," he breathes. "You still look as sexy as ever after having one kid."

"Black is a slimming color." I tell him.

"You still look phenomenal without wearing black or anything at all." He smirks and I gasp.

"Don't talk like that around Peyton."

"Oh, please. He's one years old. It's not like he's going to remember anything I say." The smirk is still on his face as my cheeks turn a bright pink color.

*

We arrive at a dock with many other people dressed up in tuxedos, suits, dresses, and some are even in literal gowns. I'm beginning to think that this is a wedding.

"Apparently, you can't rent a yacht privately to your fucking self unless you own it." He scoffs. "Which makes no sense."

"It doesn't matter, Jack." I gape around.

I've experienced a lot of fancy things these past seven years, but this is so over the top. He's never taken me out on a date like this before. I'm kind of glad that he didn't buy a yacht just for a one night date. He's beginning to become wiser each and every day.

"I wanted it to be just us." He pouts and I smile towards him, grabbing his hand reassuringly.

"It's fine with other people. This is amazing, thank you." I peck his cheek and a wide smile appears on his face.

As we're guided to our table, I look at our surroundings. Most of the people are in their mid fifties I would say. Who am I kidding. All of them are literally.

"I also wanted to talk to you about something." Jack tells me as he pulls out my chair for me.

I thank him and he takes his seat across from me, folding his hands together on top of he table. His platinum wedding band reflecting light in every direction. It makes me so happy to see him wear it every day.

"What'd you want to talk about?" I ask him, pulling the top of my dress up a little.

He chews his bottom lip nervously, "I was just thinking, do you want Peyton to be an only child?" He asks me.

My heart begins to beat rapidly. What is he trying to say. He doesn't want anymore kids?

"No, I want him to at least grow up with a sibling like we both did." I honestly reply, looking down at my manicured fingernails.

"Me too." Jack replies and my head shoots up at him.

A smile is on his face and I let out a deep breath. I thought he was going to tell me that he didn't want any more kids.

"Are you sure?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Are you sure?" He repeats what I just said. "You do most of the heavy lifting and I don't want you to be overwhelmed."

"Yes, I'm very sure, actually. I just don't want my kids to have a large age gap. Five years like me and Kaiden is a lot to me." I tell him and he just continues to smile.

"So, should we try for a other one?" He grins. "Another little Gilinsky. Hopefully a baby girl."

"First, let me finish this glass of champagne." I laugh, lifting the glass that the waiter just set on the table.

Jack stares at me fondly and intently as I sip on the bubbly beverage. I gaze out at the ocean.

"I love you so much." Jack tells me and my eyes flicker towards him.

"I love you more."

"Not possible." He reaches over to grab my hand. "Let's brainstorm names."

I laugh at his eagerness, "I'm not even pregnant yet, Jack."

"I know, but I really want another baby." He whines.

"With time. With time." I tell him, skimming my thumb over the top of his hand.

That's such great news. He wants to have another baby. I thought that after one child, he'd be sick of them and not want anymore. I guess now he's trying to be a good dad are that little outburst we both had.

I just want whatever makes Jack happy. A happy Jack makes me happy.

{vote, comment, share}