Twenty

July 21st, 2020

After explaining my long encounter with Jack to Michael, I wait for him to react. He traces his long index finger on the leather couch and I grow puzzled. Is he going to protest? He then looks back up at me like he's read my mind and heard my unasked question.

"I think you should go back to him." He murmurs and my eyes shoot wide open.

That was the opposite answer I was wanting to hear. Especially from Michael, since he knows everything that's going on right now.

"What?!" I exclaim. "You're crazy, too."

I toss the pregnancy test onto the floor and watch as Wilson lays on the carpet, chewing on one of his fluffy toys. I wish I had one of my own little puppy.

"I don't want you to lose your kids and I don't want you to stress over having another baby alone." He tells me.

Okay, he's seriously insane thinking I'm going to move in back with Jack Gilinsky. Impossible. I can't and won't do it.

"You need Jack's help with the kids. I would help you, but I can't do that. No matter how bad Jack emotionally hurt you, I can't take his own children away from him."

"I don't get know if I'm pregnant yet!" I emphasize, thought it's super obvious. "You should be saying that he can't take my own kids away from me."

"But they're his children too, Camila. You have to think about these things. It wouldn't be fair to Peyton for you to just rip him away from his father at the age of one. What are you going to tell him when he's older?"

"I haven't thought that far ahead." I mutter. "I'd tell him that his father was a horrible man for cheating on me."

"He's not going to grow up all giddy around the time of Father's Day or when kids in his class share about their parents."

So what? There are other people out there with only one parent. Some have no parents.

"So, the solution is to live with the monster?" I croak.

Michael sighs, moving closer to me and pulling me into a hug. This is a lose-lose situation. He rubs his hand up and down my back in a soothing manner and i stifle my sobs.

"It'll take some time, but you'll adjust back to where you originally were. Not necessarily in your relationship, but where you're living."

"I can't live with him." I tell him. "I can barely face him."

"Yes, you can. You can live with him. You don't have to talk to him, just be there and nothing bad or threatening will happen."

"He's bound to talk to me..."

It makes me hate Jack even more. The fact that he threatened to take my own children away from me if I didn't get back together with him. This is making me want to just cry and explode.

"I know that, but just ignore him. He can't try and take custody if you're living with him. That's what he wanted-"

"No, what he wanted was to get back together." I correct him.

"He'll try to get custody if you continue to stay here with me. Your parents don't even know about your whole Jack situation." He murmurs, his chin resting on the top of my head.

"If I tell them, they'll literally execute Jack." I say. "My friends don't even know about it either."

"I want you to be happy because your birthday is coming up. Go easy on yourself and just go back and live with him. It won't make you happy, neither will the fear of having your children taken away if you stay here."

Even though I'm totally against his idea, he has a good point, but I can't live with Jack. The fact that he barely helped out raising my kid, he didn't wear his ring to work and all of the little uncalled for arguments he starts is causing me to want to be further away from him.

He's a cheater.

I don't want to be anywhere near him. Neither do I want my child to. If I go back, I'll end up locking myself in a guest bedroom for the rest of my life. I can't forgive him and I can't forget what he did to me.

I want- so badly- to get revenge, but I'm not that kind of person. I can't just sleep around with some other person while I'm with Jack. Yeah, I did five years ago. Except, Jack and I were broken up when I had that fling with Sam.

As of right now, we're still married. I'm not going to cheat on a cheater. It wouldn't do any good and it wouldn't solve anything. In fact, it wouldn't make much difference at all.

"You're overthinking." Michael pulls me out of my trance. "When Peyton wakes up, go back. I'm right next door if you need anything."

"If you're right next door, I can just come and have a sleepover everyday." I tell him. "I can't take Peyton away from Wilson! They've grown such a strong bond."

Michael pulls away a little and narrows his eyes at me, "you're not fooling anyone." He smiles. "No excuses."

"I hate you and I hate that you're always right." I pout, crossing my arms over my chest.

He sits in front of me, "it might not be as bad as you think. Three weeks have past, he might've changed immensely."

"Come on, Michael. It's been five years since I married him and he hasn't changed one bit. He's still a cheater, that's for sure." I continue to bring the topic up. "Besides, if it were the other way around, he wouldn't let me explain."

"You're not letting him explain himself." He responds.

"That's because he doesn't deserve my time." I say to Michael.

"You're going back when Peyton wakes up. That's final. No ifs, ands, or buts."

"Fine." I huff. "First thing I'll do is take the pregnancy test and then I'll report the results to you. After that, I'll just decay in a guest bedroom with my son."

"Sounds like a plan." Michael jokes, flashing me a smile afterwards.

This is not going to be healthy. Being sad while I'm, possibly, pregnant and forcing myself to live with the man I absolutely despise and loathe.

{vote, comment, share}

when i had writers block for like a month and now i'm whipping out three chapters a day