Twenty Seven

August 4th, 2020

After the day is over, I fall down onto the bed. Jack chuckles at my exhaustion and sets the bags at the foot of the bed. We got a lot of things and I hadn't realized until we carried them inside.

I put my face in the pillow and close my eyes. I feel the bed dip and Jack puts his arm around me, snuggling closer to me. I groan, trying to push him away from me, but that's useless. He remains in the same spot.

"Did you have fun?" He whispers into my ear, kissing the side of my head.

"Mhm." I reply, still trying to scoot away from him, but his arms tighten around me.

I shift my head to look at him and he gazing intently at me. His face mere centimeters away from mine. I can literally feel his warm breath fanning my face. Jack flashes me a bright smile. I groan, turning my head to the other side.

"Are you hungry? Do you need anything to drink? Do you want some room service?" He rushes and interrogates me.

I nod, "get me some water and macaroni and cheese."

He snorts, "macaroni and cheese?"

"I'm pregnant and craving some." I mutter.

"Okay, baby." He says, kissing my head once more.

I finally feel his presence leave my side and that's when I turn to lay on my back. He uses the rooms telephone to dial room service and he orders macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and water.

After that, he returns back, sitting on the foot of the bed, looking at me. I tear my eyes away from him.

"I'm sorry." He says softly.

"I already told you that apologizing isn't going to do anything."

"I know, but it's worth a try." He sighs.

Jack comes around the bed and lays next to me. I turn onto my side with my back facing him, but it doesn't take long for him to wrap his muscular arm around me. He makes me so I'm flushed against him.

We're spooning and I basically just walked myself into it.

"I love you." He says, kissing the exposed skin on my neck.

"Don't... Don't say something you don't mean." I put my hand on his wrist that's in front of my stomach.

"But I do mean it." He whispers in my ear. "I love you. I will always love you and I will only love you."

I turn so I'm facing him and I hold his jaw in my hand. Tears start to well up in my eyes. Not again.

"You can't say things like that. Not to me. I'm a hormonal pregnant woman and anything will make me cry. No matter how angry I am at you." I say, my voice cracking at the end.

He blinks, his eyes shifting from my eyes to my lips. His rough thumb comes up to my face to wipe away the escaping tears.

"Stop." I tell him.

"No, I can't let you just cry. I don't want you to cry. If you're sad all of the time, it's going to affect our baby, so please, don't stress or be sad."

His face resembles one who put a lot of thought into their words. I use my hands to cover up my face and he grabs my arms to lower them. We're interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Must be room service." He mutters. "Come on, Camila." He says, scooping me into his arms.

He walks me out to the main area and sets me down at the table. He then goes to the door to get the food. The lady comes in with the rolling cart and places the food in front of me.

After setting the food down, she leaves and Jack takes a seat next to me. He takes the mashed potatoes to himself and I eat the macaroni and cheese.

"Thank you." I say to him, keeping my head down.

"What was that?" He asks me, disbelief laced in his voice.

I inwardly groan, "... Thank you."

"You're welcome." He replies and I look up at him; a goofy smile is on his face. "You thanked me."

I nod my head and consume my food. It tastes so good. American food in Dubai. I push my chair back, standing up. Jack's eyes don't leave me once.

"I'm going to the gift shop in the lobby." I tell him.

"Want me to come-"

I cut him off, "no, I can go alone."

His lips thin, but he doesn't say anything to retort. Good choice.

"Here, take some money, just in case." He grabs his wallet from his pocket and produces some money for me.

I take it from him and start to head out of the suite, but I'm stopped.

"Bring your phone, just in case." He tells me and I do as told.

"That'd be smart."

I fetch my phone and then make my way downtown my lobby. It's brightly lit and very packed, so I'm not worried about being lonely. The handsome bellboy is downstairs, waiting to get someone's luggage.

"Hey, you're always working, huh?" I smile.

"I only do this to get rid of time." He shrugs his shoulders, smiling back.

My eyebrows raise, "no one to run to at home?"

"I'm as single as ever." He chuckles.

The bellboy uniforms here aren't ugly. There's no bright red top hats they wear or anything. They literally just wear a name tag and that's it.

"I'm Amir." He tells me, holding his hand out.

I shake it, "Camila."

"I like that name. It's unusual here."

"I'm from California." I tell him, a smile plastered onto my face.

"Really? Isn't that like the Dubai of North America?"

I shrug, "not to me." I laugh.

"Is it your first time visiting here?" He asks and I nod my head.

"It's beautiful here." I comment.

"Amir, someone's waiting." A male in his fifties calls for Amir.

"I'm sorry." He apologizes to me. "I'll probably see you tomorrow." He tells me before scurrying off to gather luggage.

{vote, comment, share}

if u guys couldn't tell, she's starting to soften up @ jack

& don't call her a hoe for talking to Amir nothing is going to go on between them because she lives in California and he lives in Dubai ITS NEVER GOING TO WORK OUT ANYWAY