Twenty Eight

August 5th, 2020

"Rise and shine, baby g." Jack's morning voice says and my eyes open up slowly.

He stands beside the bed, stretching and arching his back. His hand itches the happy trail on his stomach and I roll my eyes.

"We're going sightseeing, get up." He tells me and I obey.

I sit up on my bed and his eyes land on my chest. I use the blanket to cover up immediately. I don't wear bras to sleep when I'm with him. Jack steps forward, scooping me into his arms.

"If I carry you, you'll get into the bathroom much faster." He grins down and me and I use my hands to cover my face.

"I'm tired. Can't I just sleep the entire day?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"We're going to make the most of this trip."

"A trip that I was forced to go on." I correct him.

He smiles at me and sets me down on the bathroom floor. I grab my toothbrush and toothpaste and I brush my teeth for two minutes. I'm entertained the entire time by Jack who's dancing and using the comb as a microphone.

I want to laugh, but I try to ignore him and focus on my teeth brushing. I wash my face and Jack switches spots with me. I then walk over to my luggage to find an outfit to wear.

I never told Michael I was leaving the country. He might be wondering where I am. I haven't called or texted him or visited him.

"What do you want for breakfast?" I hear Jack's voice call out to me, snapping me into reality.

"Doesn't matter." I reply.

"Yes, it does. What are you craving?" He asks.

My eyelids lower, "is that even a question? I'll eat anything."

"Okay, room service or go out to a restaurant?" He questions.

"Do you know any good places nearby?"

"I can look some up." Jack tells me.

"Alright, I guess we'll go out to eat." I say and he exits the bathroom with a smile on his face.

"Great."

I get dressed quickly and so does Jack. Another day and hopefully we don't argue because it's so annoying.

"There's a place four minutes away." He informs me, eyeing his cellular device.

"What's the rating?"

"Four stars. We'll probably like it there." He tries to convince me.

"Okay." I drag out, grabbing my purse and cellphone.

"Your rings." Jack stops me in my place.

"I have to?" I sigh and he slowly nods.

"Yes, you have to. I didn't pay thousands of dollars for dusty to develop on it." He says.

Huffing, I go to the nightstand to get my rings and I slip them on. I check if he's wearing his and sure enough, he is. I still can't get over the fact that he didn't wear them in the office.

Speaking of the office, the girl he cheated on me with. That skimpy blonde was playing dumb, being all surprised and everything. Saying she didn't know he had a wife and baby.

"Earth to Camila." Jack snaps his fingers. "Let's go."

I shake my head to rid of the thoughts and follow him out of the suite.

"I'm sorry, again." Jack murmurs as we stand in the elevator.

"I know." I shrug, clicking the lobby button.

His eyebrows raise, "you know?"

"Yes, Jack. You tell me every minute of everyday." I sigh, stepping out of the elevator before him once we come to a full stop and the doors open.

My shoes click against the golden tile floor and Jack follows closely behind. I spot Amir and walk up to him. Confusion is evident on Jack's face.

"Amir, hi." I say and he turns to face me.

"Hey!" He smiles in response. "Heading out to sight see?"

I nod, "yeah."

"I'm Amir." He says to Jack, holding out his hand to politely shake.

"Jack..." He responds, reluctantly shaking his hand back.

"I'll see you when I get back." I wave him off.

"See you then."

I start to walk towards a valet, but Jack's hand grips my wrist, forcing me back. I look up at him and he's furious. His jaw is clenched to be all sly, but I know him, better than anyone.

"Amir?" He grits, raising an eyebrow. "'I'll see you when I get back?' What the fuck." He curses lowly.

"Yeah, I talked to him last night when I came to the gift shop."

Jack vigorously shakes his head, "I knew I shouldn't have let you come down by yourself. This always happens. You see a guy and you go for him."

My eyebrows raise in shock. Excuse me?

"That's what you think of me?" I narrow my eyes at him. "I literally just met him! Plus, he lives here, it would never work out!"

Jack rolls his eyes and I'm actually hurt to the fact that he thinks of me like that.

"You're pathetic." I speak, turning back around to head to our suite.

I am done dealing with his ass. I hear him groan in annoyance and he follows me back into the elevator. I angrily wipe my wet cheeks and stomp inside.

"Can we stop fighting?" He asks.

"You started that one." I tell him and he sighs.

Jack traps me into the corner of the elevator and I look up at him through my eyelashes. His right hand comes up to my face and he cups it, making my eyes stay up at him.

"I don't want to fight with you. Not while you're pregnant. Can we both just lighten up? Just for the sake of the baby." Jack says.

He licks his lips and continues to stare in my eyes. I instantly stop breathing when he starts to lean down. His left hand placed on the elevator wall beside my head.

"Jack." I whisper.

"Camila." He mocks, his minty breath tingling on my lips.

He bends down fully and I feel his soft mouth press against mine.

{vote, comment, share}

AHHHHHHH