Sixteen

HIGHLY REQUESTED

Jack's POV

June 29th, 2020

What was I thinking cheating on Camila to begin with? How idiotic and stupid I feel. I had no idea she was going to stop at my office today either. I practically ruined everything between us and she's never going to forgive me.

This has happened before. We're done. I don't get two passes.

Sleepless nights and no progress made at work at all. How can I work when I'm worried sick and don't know where the hell my wife and baby are? I grab a glass of water and wait patiently for the people to come.

By people, I mean private investigators. I may be going overboard, but I couldn't file for a missing. So, I hired these professionals to go and look for them. Camila obviously has no idea how sorry I am.

I almost throw the glass cup out of my hands when the doorbell rings. Finally. Took them long enough. I stroll over towards the door and swing it open. There's a female and a male. They look way too old to be private investigators.

I hope I get what I paid for.

"Good morning, Mr. Jack Gilinsky." The female greets me and I nod with a smile.

Opening the door wider, I invite them into the living room. They both take a seat on my couch and I sit across from them on a chair.

"First off," the lady starts. "I'm Christina and my partner here with me, his name is Joseph."

I shake his hand and greet him.

"Okay, let's get started where you've searched for your wife and baby." Christina says to me. "I have all of the information you gave me through the phone. Like their height and everything."

"I checked everywhere." I tell her. "Friends houses, parents houses, my own friends houses."

"Everywhere?" She raises an eyebrow and I nod.

She wouldn't dare piss me off and go to Michael's or hide in Sam's closet. Then again, she was very unhappy with me and I just want her back. I want that ring back on her finger.

I was stupid and I don't know why I even cheated on her to begin with. I never realized that this would be the outcome. When she said that 'once a cheater, always a cheater' it really hit me deeply. Never did I ever want her to think of me like that.

After scribbling things on her notepad, she looks up and the mans, Joseph's, eyes are fixated on my face. He's very intimidating.

"Do you have a picture of the two?" She asks me and I nod my head.

I pull out my wallet, slipping out the printed paper picture and hand it to her. She smiles fondly at it.

Hello. We're supposed to be finding them. Not admiring them.

"Any neighbors know of your wife?" Joseph asks.

I kind of want to smile at this question, but I fight the urge. Of course they all do. Camila loved making friends with the neighbors around us. She was always so buoyant, even if I did get really under her skin.

"All of the neighbors know who she is." I tell him.

His lips thin, "do you think you can narrow some places she might be at?"

"Umm... Maybe Mrs. Swenson's. She lives two houses down on the right, but I doubt it. They only gardened together, like, once." I horribly explain. "And the guys that lives on the left. He recently moved in and went to college with her."

"Did you check there?" He raises an eyebrow.

"No, because I know for a fact that she is not there." I hold my head up high. "She left all of the things I bought for her here." I tell the private investigator.

"You can't check any recent credit card data?"

"As I said, she left everything here." I repeat.

"Okay, we'll start by looking around the neighborhood and if she's not there, we'll go further out. Thank you for your time." Christina says to me with a warm smile.

"Thank you for your time." I emphasize, being polite.

They are the people who are trying to help me. I would've thought hat after a day, Camila would realize how stupid this fight was and would come back to me. This just proves that everything between us is over.

No. It can't be over. When things were getting semi-good. I was stressed and I felt isolated in my office and at home. I needed something. I needed a release and maybe I could've asked Camila.

I was scared she would've rejected me. She walks does and like the other night, she said she wasn't in the mood to have sex. She never is.

My mind flashes to when she got mad at me for the littlest things. When we were both teenagers and that time I did 'cheat' on her. She forgave me through all of that. I just hope that she'll forgive me this time.

It's going to be a lot harder to get her back because we're married and we have a baby now. Plus, this is the second time. She has trust issues and I was so dumb and abused that fact.

{vote, comment, share}