Thirty

August 8th, 2020

"Jack, you've just been driving go circles." I tell him, resting my cheek on my hand which is propped up by my elbow.

"I'm sorry if I don't know my way around Dubai. It's not like I come here every weekend." He sarcastically tells me.

I let out a sigh and continue looking out of the window. When I look toward Jack, his eyes flicker from his cellphone to the road. He's probably using a GPS and all were trying to do is find a place to eat.

"I'm sorry, I'm just tired." Jack tells me.

"Want me to drive?" I ask him, sitting up straight in my seat.

He shakes his head, "I'm fine. It just says that the restaurant is on the left, but I don't see it."

"Maybe you need to park in the ramp. It might be in the strip mall." I tell him and he looks over to me, a smile coming across his lips.

"You're so smart. This is why I married you."

I scoff, "yeah, that's the only reason."

Jack does what I said, for the first time in ages, and parks in the parking ramp. In the most vacant area because he's scared someone's going to scratch the car. If anything, people should be scared of him scratching their car.

I get out of the car before he can come around and open it. I walk beside him into the strip mall and it's like a lightbulb just went off in his head.

"There it is." He speaks, pointing at the lit up sign to the left of us. "I wish you would've spoken up before I drove around those million times."

"I was hoping you'd be able to figure out sometime soon." I lie.

"Yeah, sure." He chuckles, grabbing my hand without my consent.

He tugs me toward the very busy and overpopulated restaurant. Were seated after about ten minutes of waiting and a female comes to help us instantly.

"Hi, I'll be your waitress today." She gives us both a smile, but Jack a much bigger one. "Can I get you started with any drinks?"

"Just water." I reply to her before Jack.

I tap his shin with my toe of my foot and he looks over at me. She disappears to get our drinks.

"Are you jealous?" Jack grins at me.

"Ugh, not now." I roll my eyes at him.

"Then why did you tell her before I could? Why are you touching my leg?" His grin grows wider.

"Shut up, Jack." I shake my head, looking around the restaurant.

But I know, his eyes are on me and he's smiling.

August 9th, 2020

I wake up, well rested and Jack's arm is resting over the side of my body. I turn to face him and his eyes are still closed. He snoring softly and his long, dark eyelashes are fanned over his cheeks.

Without trying to wake him, I get up to shower and get ready for the day. Jack hasn't let me see Amir since that day he found out I knew his name. Before he wakes up, I'm hoping I could see him downstairs and just say a quick hello.