Detenion & Copeing with the Past

I walked around the school grounds the soft green grass squished underneath my feet. It was raining so I left my robe inside. I pulled up my sleeves letting the cold air meet my skin, tiny water droplets falling on me; I felt refreshed. I traced the white lines on my wrist with my fingers. Thinking of my past.

I started talking out loud thinking I was alone. "Why is my life like this? Where is my happiness? I'm alone and unwanted. Why did I get stuck with this life? I'm tired of being strong. I'm tired of lying to everyone and myself. I'm not me anymore. Ill never be loved, why does life hate me so much! I didn't choose this life, I was thrust into it. I hate myself. I should of ended my life already."

I fell to the ground by a tree and cried. Thank hell it wasn't the whomping willow. I looked at the sky for a bit and started heading back to the castle.

I got to the potions room and no one was inside so I decided I was gonna peek around. The shelf on the left side of the wall was full of herbs and ghastly things like frog legs and stuff like that. I wandered around to the other side where cauldrons lay, they were nasty with green gunk. Must of been the first years. I waved my wand and they cleaned themselves; placing them on the shelf I walked behind Snape's desk to the back wall. He had potions and his own cauldron, a small book was laid on the side. I picked it up examining it.

"Advance Potion Making" "Property of the Half-Blood Prince"
"Curious-" I muttered.

"What do you think you're doing?" I didn't hear Snape come in. I snapped my head around putting the book back in its place.

"Sorry you were late so I had a look around". I shrugged.

"Well next time you feel the need to look around make sure it isn't my office, go clean the cauldrons I have work to do. Where is your Slytherin robe?". He scolded.

"Dully noted, and sir I already have, they were in a gross pile so I fixed it, I don't do messes or gross things; my robe is in my dorm I don't like wearing it if I don't have to."

He looked me over then towards the cauldrons then at me again. "Fine then just work on the paper I assigned earlier." He grunted.

"All my home work is done sir, I could help you do your work"? I asked.

"Alright then sit here and grade these. you know how to grade right?" He quirked an eyebrow and slid a chair across from himself."

I laughed a bit. "I'll tell you whether it horrific to an extreme or its pretty good." He tossed me half of the papers.

We sat in silence while I read then gave him the paper and told him if it was good or bad. I got the hang of the grading so it was really quiet.

I broke the silence with a laugh I couldn't contain while reading this paper. Snape looked at me.

"What are you laughing at?" He muttered.

I stopped laughing a little and handed him the paper. "Read what this Valeria girl put as her answers."

He took the paper from me gently grazing my hand, it felt weird. I could tell he felt it too, this small jolt, something dark. As he read the paper he started to chuckle with a lopsided grin. I looked at him, I felt my cheeks get warm.