Something's Wrong

Severus's POV:

My voice was a low growl. What was wrong with my child?

"The baby seems to be in a downward position already." The doctor stated.

"What does that mean?" Mercy choked out. I held her hand tightly.

"It means the baby could cone very soon. If it does there's a slim chance of survival. A baby born prematurely can cause a lot of health problems." She looked at us with sad eyes.

"Can't you do something?" I yelled. My fist were balled and my heart sank lower.

"I'm sorry. There's nothing we can do but wait." She looked at Mercy.

"How long until... Until the baby is here?" Her voice cracked.

"Maybe a few weeks. A month at the latest."

"O, okay, thanks." Mercy whispered before getting up from her spot and walking towards the door. I followed.

"Mercy?" I asked. No answer.

We got to dinner and Dumbledore saw our change and didn't ask questions.

Albus gave me a knowing nod. I gripped her hand underneath the table. She and I didn't eat anything just drank occasionally.

As we walked down the dungeon corridor I tried to start a conversation. "Mercy, it'll be okay. The chil- our son is strong I know it." She didn't answer.

I was passed frustrated. I was at my breaking point. I stepped in front of her and she ran into my chest.

"What the fuck?" My heart shattered as her voice stiffened.

"Talk to me." I whispered my voice cracked against my will.

"I can't. I can't Severus." I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Let's go lay down?" She moved along the wall and I whispered the password.

That night we both tossed and turned. The bed felt like a rock. I stood up and went into the kitchen.

I drank down all the fire whiskey I had. I began to throw the bottles and punch the wall.

"Se- Severus. Stop!" Mercy looked at me with horror as she screamed my name.

"I've had enough. I've had enough of life. I've done everything to try and make sure you were okay. I'm tired of constantly putting our lives in danger every fuckin' day! And now I'm gonna lose my son!" I boomed.

Mercy's eyes were wide. She's never seen me this way. No one has except Albus. I shook my head before flying away.

I went to my old place in spinners end. It was dusty and dark. I didn't care what would happen to me anymore.

I drank whiskey until I passed out. Its been days since I've eaten. Just sucking down liquor and drowning my sorrows.

Albus appeared in front of me.