Magical Masquerade & Secrets

I woke up feeling sick and nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and puked up all my dinner I had last night.

I've been feeling sick the past few mornings. I got in the shower, brushed my teeth and went to Hogsmeade. Tonight was the Magical Masquerade.

I went into the store and bought a few test. The other night after Minerva found out everything and asked me and Severus to not have sex I laughed at first thinking it was "too late" but the realization hit me it was "too late". I haven't had my period since the second time we had sex and I've had morning sickness. Its been at least 2 months since Sev and I had done it the first time. I avoided Severus yesterday, I spent that night crying and screaming. How could I be so stupid?

When I got to my dorm I shut myself in the bathroom. Everyone was at lunch and prepping for tonight. I took the test and waited. I got in the shower and curled my hair until the test results came back.

It beeped... When I look at these test my life will change. I started to cry.

I turned it over and it said negative. "Whew". I sighed out loud. Thank hell. I could not be a mother I'm a horrible person and I just couldn't Severus wouldn't want that.

I decided to take the second test to make sure so I did my makeup while I waited. I decided on a dark look to match my dress. I finished my makeup and hair and then slipped on my dress and shoes. I looked amazing for once I felt beautiful. I put a spell on my dark mark and scars.

The test beeped. I swung it over and my heart dropped. My knees hit the floor.

Positive.

I slowly stood and held on the counter. I brought my hand to my stomach slowly. How could I be so naive I haven't had my period and I've been puking. I wiped the small tear away and fixed my makeup. Get through this dance.

I put my mask on and left I was already late to the dance and I had to talk to Severus. I stood at the top of the stairs and looked down at everyone. I was scared to tell Severus. What if this pushed him away? What if I lose Sev forever because I was carrying his child. I took a deep breathe.

I couldn't recognize anyone. I slowly walked down the steps and eyes turned to me. I heard people whispering. I felt nervous.

I stood by Minerva and Dumbledore. They were the only 2 without mask.

"Have you seen Severus?" I asked them.

"Is that you Mercy?" Minerva seemed shocked.

"Yes, it is me." I blushed.

"You're stunning, I'd know you anywhere." Severus's velvet voice was behind me.

When I turned around he was dressed in a full tux with a dark green tie.

"Wow...." I breathed. "I've never seen you in a anything but sweatpants and your school robes..." I drank him in with my eyes totally forgetting about the test I had taken earlier.

"You look beautiful, your dress matches you perfectly." He held out his hand.

"Are you asking me to dance?" I raised an eyebrow.