Best & Worse

Tomorrow was the yule ball and my birthday. I decided to go shopping with Anna for a dress and something special underneath for Severus. I smiled as I kissed Sly goodbye. He'd grown just a smidge since last week when we brought him home. Adjusting has been hard but we're okay. Severus talked me into letting his mom and dad watch other Sly for the yule ball and my birthday. I was a little bummed.

As me and Anna left for shopping she told Me how great of a mother I was, and how she couldn't wait to be a mother.

"So are you going for green and sexy?" Anna laughed.

"I might, I defiantly know I'll have something black underneath. As you know Severus loves black." She pretended to shudder.

"You should see him in action, that man has everything you would ever want." I huffed. Anna looked like she'd been petrified.

We got to the stores and I looked around. The minute I looked over to the dresses I saw it. It was black and white. Perfect. I know Severus would be in a black suit. I tried it on and it fit perfectly. I found a pair of white heels with Green sparkles. Always have to wear green. Anna shook her head and I saw her beautiful blue dress with a white sash; matching blue pumps. We both went to the next store and picked out our sexy lingerie. We laughed and hid our dresses and other things into a bag.

It was Friday night and Severus decided he was gonna cook dinner. I sat and played with Sly. In between cooking Severus would shoot sparks and fireworks from the end of his wand to make Sly entertained.

"I wanna try something." He said before taking out his wand again.

"Expecto Patronus." He said waving his wand.

A small flicker of light appeared and then what I saw made my heart leap.

A small animal came into view it was a kitten. A black kitten. My Patronus.

"Severus." I gasped in sure of what else to do.

"Cast yours." I cast my Patronus and watched the two kittens play together. I laughed.

Then there was a sound I never heard before. From in my lap Sly was laughing. More like a coo sound.

Severus and I listened to our son cooing at the kittens. Severus Snape and I had the same Patronus. A true love. We were the only ones who could cast a Patronus. He made jokes about having a kitten as a Patronus now; it seems all his Patronus's were unmanly.

I fed Sly a bottle before bed. I put on Sev's long sleeve shirt and curled into the dark warm covers.

Severus came into the room and started the fire. He slipped off his shirt and put on some sleep pants.

When Severus yawned and stretched it was so cute. Well sexy.

"You excited for tomorrow?" He asked.

"More than you know." I mumbled. Severus wrapped his arms around me whispering I love you. I kissed him goodnight and cuddled into the crook of his neck. "I love you too." I whispered as I drifted off to sleep.

"Wake up sleepy head." Severus grinned as he held Slythurs. Also a nickname given to him by his father.

"Mmhm." I stretched.