My Only Light

Severus POV

I walked down to the black lake. Waiting for her. She must truly hate me now. The water washed in and out of bank. I walked around finding Mercy's boots. I called out for her. No answer. Worried and panicked I dove into the water. I lit my wand and found her hair twisted around her face.

I grabbed her arm and started swimming to the top of the black lake.

"Come on Mercy, come on breathe." I pressed on her chest. No response at all. I brought my lips to hers and started CPR again.

After a few minutes she started coughing up water.

"Mercy, mercy, can you hear me?" I asked worriedly.

"Sev, Severus." Her voice was weak. I wrapped my cloak around her and picked her up carrying her down to my chambers.

She wrapped her arms around my neck digging her nose into my chin.

I walked quickly down the corridors.

"You still with me?" I whispered in her ear.

"Yes." She groaned.

Mercy's POV

His body was so warm and comforting. My chest burned from the water I took in.

We arrived at his door. "HBP." He spoke quickly. He sat me down on the couch in front of the fire. It was warm but not as warm as Severus body.

He brought back a black button up shirt and sweat pants.

"Here you can put these on Mercy. I started a shower for you." He turned and went to his bedroom.

I got in the warm shower and rinsed the cold water and makeup off of me. I got dressed slowly and went to his bedroom.

"Thank you, but this doesn't excuse you from lying to me." I grunted displeased. As much as I cared for Severus he lied to me.

"I wanted to tell you the other day but Dumbledore came in and I changed my mind. I'm not his true loyal servant. You could tell your father I don't care any longer." He left the bedroom and sat at his desk.

"What are you talking about Snape?" I followed him.

"I'm a spy for Albus, I learn as much as I can and report back. I'm loyal to Albus not Riddle." He growled.

"You're not loyal to all riddles? Or just my father? I told you everything, that I didn't want to be one and all along you hid it from me. You lied to me. I trusted you. Why couldn't you tell me Severus? Do you not feel the same way I feel for you? Do you not like me in that way?" Tears rolled down my face as he stared at me.

He got up from his chair walking slowly towards me. I tensed.

"I do not like you, I have fallen for you. I was afraid to lose you. I was afraid you wouldn't understand my situation so I hid it. At first I did want to be a death eater. I wanted to feel accepted. I went to Dumbledore asking for help when Voldemort was gonna kill the Potters. So I started helping Dumbledore. I must protect Harry. I owe lily that." A tear rimed his eye. I didn't know if it fell or not because I moved close to him.