3

Odell

It had been a whole week since I'd met this Victoria chick. And besides work, she was the only thing I could think about. I knew I wouldn't feel right until I at least talked to her again. Word around the streets was that she and her family attended this church on the other side of town.

Now I couldn't remember the last time I stepped foot in a church until it was for a funeral. I wasn't really big on religion or anything like that. That just wasn't for me.

But I really wanted a chance to see her again.

I had just parked my car when I seen Miranda and Madison strolling across the parking lot. I quickly exited and locked my car door before trying to catch up them.

"I think it's going to snow today." Madison says looking back at me, while continuing to walk.

"Huh?" Miranda says turning around. "Oh. Odell. Nice to see you trying to change."

"Not necessarily. I'm on a mission." I say walking beside them.

"And that might be?" Miranda asks curiously.

"I wasn't aware that you had a lil sister." I said to them.

"What's it to you?" Madison raised a brow.

"I don't know. She seems nice. She beautiful. And I really wanna get to know her, genuinely.."

I wanted to set the record straight first. I know I hadn't had a history of being the type of nigga who stuck to just one girl, but she just seemed different. That alone caught my attention.

"You and Victoria and completely different. Besides you are NOT about to play my baby sister. I know how you go around fucking these lil thots but Victoria isn't like that. She's a good, wholesome woman.

"What makes you think that I'd think of her in that way?"

"She's a good woman and you will not break her heart." Miranda says.

They both walked away and I sucked my teeth. It didn't quite matter to me, because I was going to shoot my stick anyways. She was grown...

30 minutes later in service...

"Give it up for Victoria." Pastor said.

I saw her get up from the pew she was sitting in and walk up and over to the stage. Today she was wearing a pink dress that covered everything but still showcased some of her curves. I didn't understand how she could still be so fine even while fully clothed.

Her eyes caught mine and they widened in what was most likely shock. She was definitely surprised to see me of all people at her church. I threw her a wink and she smiled, walking over to the podium.

"Good morning everyone." She says.

"Goodmorning."

"First and foremost, I wanna thank the Lord for allowing us all to be here this morning so that we may fellowship together yet another day. I'm very grateful and this morning I'm going to be speaking about the Grace of God and how great he is. All the time!"

Everyone around me began agreeing with her and clapping, so I began clapping too.

Like I said, I hadn't been in church forever, but this seemed like something I probably needed to hear. As I listened to her talk, I got really into it. She was really good with words and she actually held my attention for the duration of her time onstage.