37

Victoria

"Just sit that right here. And that box goes over there." I instructed the movers where to put the boxes. Odell and I recently moved to New York so he could be closer to work. Speaking of work, I also managed to find work at a hospital downtown.

He had already left a few hours ago for the stadium and I was about to leave right after I got everything straightened out with the new house. It was exactly what I wanted. We ended up building it and our vision was brought to life.

I picked up a frame of a photo we took a few months ago at our wedding. We went though so much to be together. I was so happy that we were finally in a good place. I really loved him.

I glanced at my watch and noticed that his first game started in an hour. I couldn't be late.

I was already dressed. Nothing too fancy, a navy blue long-sleeved cropped sweater, which wasn't too short, my black jeans, and a pair of converse to match. I also sported a gold Rolex and chains

Once all the boxes were put up inside I paid the movers and walked into to the kitchen. I grabbed my purse, keys, and phone before walking out the house.

Just as I was walking to my truck, two cars pulled into my driveway and parked behind mines. I say my purse on the seat and saw Odell's parents getting out of their car, along with my sister Mimi and brother Danny

I exchanged hugs with everyone. I was surprised at their arrival, I didn't know they'd be coming to the house.

"This is a nice surprise. How are you two?" I asked.

"We're great. It's nice to see you again Victoria." His father says.

"Likewise."

"Hopefully some grand babies soon? Yeah?" His mother said touching my stomach.

I smiled. "We're working on it."

"Damn

"Damn. This house nice. Odell outside himself for damn sure. Need me one of these." Danny says admiring the house.

Mimi laughs. "With what money?"

"Don't start." He says.

"No fussing. We're gonna have a stress free days yeah?" I said to my siblings.

"Enough of all this talking. We're gonna be late to his game if we don't hurry." Odell's mother says walking over to the passenger side of my range.

I walked over to the truck and we all got into the car before pulling away from the house.

*******

Once we pulled up at the stadium we got out and started to walk towards it.

"But I thought we had to pay?" Mimi asked.

"Nah I got it. I came prepared." We walked over to the back where I met with one of the security guards.

"Hey Joe."

"Hey Victoria." We shook hands. "Family?"

"Yeah. That's my sister Mimi, my brother Danny, and Odell's parents."

"Nice to meet you all." He said before letting us into the stadium.

Mimi

Mimi

Right now it was halftime and V and I were just talking. I hadn't seen her since the wedding a few months again and I was dying to know how things were going.

"So how does it feel to be married?" I asked.

"It feels great. Everything is going well and I couldn't be happier. Odell is pretty happy with the ways things are going too except for one thing."

"Except what? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah everything is fine. We've been trying for a baby since we left but we haven't had any luck yet."

"I honestly thought you would've came back from your honeymoon pregnant." I chuckled.

"I thought I would too." She shook her head laughing with me. "But no Mi, seriously, he's ready to have baby and I don't think I'm ready. One day I plan to give him one but it's too soon. I mean I haven't even started working yet, we're moving into the house, and it's so much more we have to do."

"I know how you feel but things will get better. I'm sure of it." I said.

"I hope so." She signed. "And on top of that Odell is making me go to these weekly meetings with all of the wives. I've met a few and they do not like me at all." She looked one way and I looked at the four girls sitting on the other side of the room.

"Don't pay them heifers any mind. And if they get crazy, you got me."

"Okay." We turned our attention to the game.

Odell's been doing pretty well in the game today. I'm really proud of him. He's doing something he loves now. And it's legal. After all those years of saying that he'll never settle down, that's what he's done. I'm happy for him.