13

Odell and Victoria in the MM

Victoria

I was just getting out of my night class. I was so tired, and sitting through this boring lecture made it no better. It was a long and hard fight to keep my eyes open, but I still I managed to get my notes written. Now it's off to study and get ready for the next morning.

School was really overtaking my life, but I still managed to find time for my family and Odell of course.

Madison still wasn't talking to me or Miranda. She hadn't been showing up for Sunday dinner, she ignores my calls. Ma has been under the weather, dad has been more quiet than usual. Mimi has been keeping her distance and Danny is just Danny. And me being me, I was playing the peacemaker as usual. But nothing was working.

After class was over I hustled to my car that was parked in the dang near empty lot. I looked about nervously, feeling like I was being watched. I shrugged it off and kept walking. Just as I had opened my car door, someone from behind me closed it shut causing me to jump.

I turned around and saw the same guy from the club that Odell was talking to. The same man that almost killed us might I add.

My eyes widened and I felt my heart drop into my ass. I was stiff and I didn't know what to do right now.

"Aww. You don't have to be scared. I won't do anything to you, yet." He ran his hands through my hair and I jerked away from him.

"I got a message for you to deliver to your punk ass boyfriend." He grabbed my arm roughly.

I tried pulling away but he raised up his shirt to show me the gun tucked into the waist of his pants.

"If I were you, I wouldn't move."

Now I was really getting scared. It was just us alone here. There was no point in screaming it asking for help. I silently prayed in my head, asking God to protect me.

"I'm gonna leave you alone for now. Just tell your little boyfriend that I'll be paying him and you a visit soon. And the next time that I do see him, I will kill his ass. Or I might do you first, in front of him. Either way works for me."

He pushed me against the car and left me alone, in fear and with millions of thoughts.

After that I just sat in my car for a few minutes trying to process everything that just happened. I really need to let Odell know about this. As if things weren't bad enough, I tried starting my car but it didn't want to start. I just put more work into it for nothing.

"Just great." I mumbled as I got out of my car.

I locked it and starting walking, looking all around me. They were gone soon. Shortly after, I heard thundering and seen the lightning light up the sky. Could my night get worse than this?

I just walked to the bus stop and took a bus that drove near Odell's house. I walked the rest of the way in the rain.

I didn't know how to feel in the moment. I was definitely scared, but I knew he wouldn't let anything happen to me. I knew he'd handle it.

Odell

My doorbell began ringing over and over again. It was annoying me. I looked at the time on the clock in the living room. I wasn't sure who it could be this late, but I wasn't taking any chances.

I grabbed my gun from my gym bag on the couch and cocked it before walking to the door. I opened it and seen Victoria on the other side soaking wet and she looked like she was crying.

I sat my gun on the counter and she rushed into my arms, with a tight embrace. I closed the door behind us and locked it before making my way upstairs with her and to my bedroom.