28

Excuse any mistakes

Odell and his mom in the MM

(It's not the best picture but I think it's cute.😊)

Odell

"Odell stop frowning and smile." Victoria said as we walked up to my mother's door.

I sighed and she walked in front of me. "Please for me." She said pouting.

"Alright. For you."

"Thank you." She kissed me and I kissed her back.

We walked up to the front door and she knocked. We waited for about a minute before the door was opened. A little boy appeared at the door, he was about 10 or 11 and looked like my mama.

"Boy what did I tell you about answering the door before asking who it is?" Mama asked him.

"Sorry Ma." He said before waving at us and walking back into the house.

My mama looked at me and her eyes lit up. She reached out for a hug and I walked up to her and hugged her. "Oh my gosh. I can't believe it's you." She pulled back. "And you are? She asked Victoria.

"I'm Victoria, Odell's fiancé." Victoria stuck her hand out but mama pulled her into a hug.

"We do hugs around here." She said pulling back. "So what are you guys doing here?"

"We wanted to talk to you." Victoria said.

"Sure. Come in."

We walked in and I closed the door. We walked to the living room and had a seat on the couch. Everything looked pretty much the same. Ain't nothing changed really.

"Do you guys want something to drink?" Ma asked.

We both nicely declined and mama sat down.

"We wanted to invite you to our wedding that's in about a month or two. We're still planning the wedding as of now."

"Well of course I'll be there."

"Really?" I asked.

"Of course. Me, your two brothers, and-(gco)"

"I'm home." Someone said.

We looked at the door and in walked Darren. My whole mood changed when he stepped foot into the house. She still with this clown ass nigga? I can't even believe it.

"I love you mama." I said before standing up and walking out the front door.

"Odell!" Victoria yelled.

I got into my car and started it up. I wasn't about to deal with it today. I had a lot of shit on my plate as is, and Darren wasn't about to add to it. Victoria got into the truck and started cussing me out. She barely even cusses. When she does she's either annoyed, aggravated, angry, or just in a bad mood period.

"What in the hell is wrong with you Jr.!" She yelled at me. "Why'd you just walk out! Stubborn ass!"

"I just don't wanna be around him." I shrugged.

"Okay, but we didn't come here for him. We came here to handle the situation between you and your mama! Don't worry about him, he doesn't matter! Don't let him ruin your chance of having a better with relationship with your mom."

"Fuck him. I ain't doing none."

She grabbed my face gently and made me look at her. "We're gonna go back inside and your gonna talk to your mother. And don't even pay dude any mind. He doesn't matter. Okay?

I nodded and smiled. "I don't know what I would do without you."

She smiled and kissed me. "Now let's go."

We got out and walked back inside the house.

Victoria

"I'm sorry for walking out like that mama." Odell said.

"It's okay. I know how you feel about Darren. Truth is, I've been trying to get away from him for a while now but all he does is find me. So I just chose to stay with him." Heather said.

"Mama you can't keep giving him chances when you know he's gonna do the same thing over and over."

"I know baby." She said.

"How about you mind your business." Darren said.

"Who you talking to?" Odell asked.

"I'm talking to you."

Odell tried getting up but I stopped him. "Calm down."

He rolled his eyes. "Mama if you need anything. I just want to tell you that you could call me."

She nodded. "I'm so happy that you came to visit. I really missed you after you left. I'm sorry I chose him over you. That was a big mistake." She whispered to us before looking back at Darren, who was on the phone.

I found it kind of strange but I just put it in the back of my head for now. I'm so happy that Odell and his mom are back on good terms. It makes me happy to see them talking and getting along for the first time in years.

"I love you mama." Odell said as we walked to the car.

"I love you too son." They hugged. "And it was very nice to meet you too Victoria."

"Likewise." I hugged her.

"See y'all later." She said.

We nodded and waved bye before getting into the car. Now we were on our way to get some food then go to see Jr's father.

"So what do you wanna eat?" I asked.

"Well." He licked his lips and looked at me biting his lips.

"Nasty!" I hit him on the arm.

"Well you asked and I gave you a honest answer." He smiled.

I rolled my eyes playfully and looked out the window.

"Odell I have something to tell you."

"What's up Ma?"

"Somebody has been threatening me. Like texting me and calling my phone."

"How long has this been going on?" He asked.

"A few weeks."

"And why didn't you tell me this in the first place?"

"I didn't want you to worry about it too much and I was scared that you would overreact."

"Let me see your phone."

I handed it over and he looked though some of the messages. He handed it back over.

"You should've told me. I could've handled it."

"I know."

"Stop hiding things from me. It's my job to protect and make sure you safe. Don't be scared to tell me anything. Alright?"

"Okay."

I guess keeping it from him wasn't such a good idea.