15

Victoria

Today was the day of our Christmas dinner or party. After leaving this morning's bible study, I hadn't had much time to do anything but run errands for today. I figured my apartment wasn't big enough, so Odell offered to host it at his place. That was nice of him.

I had just finished showering and was currently curling my hair in the mirror. Company would be over soon and I was nowhere near ready.

Odell walked in looks at me through the mirror. "Stop frowning. I can tell you're overthinking everything right now." He sat on the counter. "Calm down ma. Everything gon be okay."

I sighed. "I just want things to go perfectly. With everything going on with my family, I just want this day to be drama free." I curled another piece of my hair. "Not to mention, my father still isn't talking to me. I'll be surprised if he even shows up."

"Whatever happens, I got your back." He looked at me and smiled.

I smiled. "Thanks babe."

He nods and gets off the counter. He snakes his arms around my waist and kisses my neck.

"I'm gonna respect your wishes for right now." He says going under my towel and squeezing my cheek in one hand.

I clenched my legs together and bit my lip.

"But I can't wait until I can really show you how I feel about you. And take your body and mind places it's never been."

He exits the bathroom and leaves me alone to get myself together. I took a deep breath and finished the last piece of my hair.

-Two Hours Later-

"This Christmas" by Chris Brown played in the background, while my mother and I were cooking dinner started. My grandmother also sat in and "chaperoned" us, so she says.

"Girl lemme see what you burning up in here." Mimi said teasing me while looking over my shoulder.

"For somebody who can't cook, you sure have a lot to say." I said jokingly.

She puts her hand on her chest dramatically, acting like I hurt her feelings.

"Well damn. Excuse me." She sat sipping wine from her glass.

She took a seat at the island next to my grandmother. "It's alright baby." She laughs while comforting her.

"Finally somebody said it." Danny says walking into the kitchen along with my father and Odell.

Mimi sat her glass down. "Ok. Imma need all of y'all to get off my case. Some things I can cook."

"Girl please. You can't even boil water."

They all took a seat at the table, except my brother. He was being greedy as usual.

"What y'all cooking up in here?" He tried coming around the counter and by the pots.

Grandmama pushed him away. "Bye Felecia."

"Damn Grandma you ain't had to play me like that."

The doorbell rung and I wiped my hands on my towel before going to answer it. I looked on the screen and seen that it was my little brother, Joshua. I immediately got excited and opened the door.

"We'll look who finally decided to come home." I said pulling him into a hug.

It had been a while since I seen him. He attended Morehouse in Atlanta and preferred to stay there over being home. He and my father didn't have that good of a relationship for many reasons.