16

Outfits in the MM

Odell

I was currently standing in the backyard trying to get my thoughts together. I couldn't wrap what just happened around my head. And not only that, my mom and dad both called and said they wouldn't be able to make it. I knew that once I told my mama that I had invited my father that she would make up some excuse. And he did the same. I wasn't too pressed about, I've been on my own for as long as I could remember and that shits been that way. I was used to it.

"Hey." I heard someone say behind me. "You okay?"

I looked behind me and saw Victoria step onto the patio. I nodded and turned so I could face her.

"Yeah I'm straight." I sat my phone on the table. "Just thinking about some things. That's all."

I pulled her into my lap and rubbed her thigh. She was so beautiful.

"Look I never told this to any other woman I done dealt with." I grabbed her hand. "But you're special to me and I love you ma. I'm glad we crossed paths. You making a nigga change for the better and I appreciate it."

"I love you too babe." She kissed my lips. "I'm glad that God blessed me with a man that's as caring are you. Despite all things, I see the good in you."

I tapped her leg for her to get up and I stood up.

"How bout we go ahead and enjoy our first Christmas together?" I wrapped my arm around her and walked towards the door.

"I would like that." She smiled.

Victoria

Odell and I were finally in a good place again. After all that happened a few months ago, I wasn't sure if I was ready to accept his lifestyle. It was still something I was learning to come to terms with, but I loved him despite all things. I hope he knew that no matter what, God still loved him just as much as I did. As for the church thing, we were working on it. Odell wasn't too big on religion, but he was taking small steps. That's all I asked for.

My mother and grandmother were now setting the table for dinner. Everything looked amazing and I was glad that things had come together so perfectly. Lord knows I had been stressing about it since we began planning but everything worked out.

Everyone was here and well, including Juice and Victor. I was grateful that we had come together for this dinner. I hoped that this would be one of many to come.

Odell pulled my chair out and I sat down. "Thank you." I said while scooting further towards the table.

He took a seat next to me. Everyone began to be seated at the table. As usual, William and Madison were seemingly arguing about something as they sat down. They managed to whisper rather than yell this time surprisingly, so I couldn't make out what they were saying. I didn't care to know anyways.

Right now wasn't the time and I was hoping that we could get through dinner without any drama.

Mimi

"You remember what I said Madison." I grabbed her arm as she walked past me.

"Whatever." She jerked away from me and walked to her seat.