22

Excuse any mistakes!

Ring and the outfits in the MM

Mimi

"Victoria you look fine, now stop tripping and let's go." I said.

"Miranda I don't like this. I got to change. This doesn't look right." She frowned.

I sighed. "You get undressed. I'll find the outfit."

I pushed her into the bathroom and walked into her closet once again. This would be the third outfit she tried on tonight and this is my last time finding another outfit.

I found a cute two piece outfit. It was a cropped shirt and a skirt to match. I took it off the hanger and laid it out on the bed and picked her out a pair of black heels. I grabbed her black coach purse to go along with it. She came out in her robe and sat on the bed.

"Get dressed and hurry up. We're already late. I'll be downstairs in the car."

"Alright."

I grabbed my keys and purse then headed down to my car.

Victoria

Tonight we all decided to have dinner at this nice restaurant. Just the whole family. I don't know what the special occasion was but Mimi said to dress up and that it was a surprise. The only people that were missing our party were Madison and William. I wasn't surprised though.

Mimi and I walked in and walked over to the table. We all exchanged hugs and kisses on the cheeks before sitting. I walked over to Odell and pecked his lips.

"You look beautiful." He said.

"Thanks babe and you look very handsome."

"Your welcome." He said before pulling my chair out. I sat and he pushed it in for me.

"Thank you."

He nodded and sat next to me. We sat around talking for a bit before we ordered our food. Odell and I just ordered something small for now, so did everyone else.

"So mama have you been talking to Madison?" I asked.

"No I haven't been able to get in touch with her. She isn't answering my calls." Mama said.

Despite what happened between us, I was still praying for my sister and I hope that she is ok. She would always be my sister and nothing could change that. I was mad at her at first, but I knew that it was important to be forgiving. I prayed about it and decided to give her another chance.

"I hope she's ok."

"I know what happened and everything but I hope she's safe you know? That's still our sister and I still love her." Danny said.

Mama agreed to what Daniel said. Mimi rolled her eyes. I guess she wasn't quite there yet.

As for my father, he wasn't present tonight. I knew exactly why, but I love Odell and wether my dad likes it or not, I will continue seeing Odell. He has to understand I'm a grown woman now and not his little girl anymore. I appreciate him for looking out for me, but I can take care of myself.

"Baby you okay?" Odell whispered into my ear as he rubbed my back.

"Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking about something."

"Like what?" He asked.

"My dad. It makes me upset that he didn't show up." I shook my head. "I know that he isn't fond of you, but he could've at least showed up for me."

"It's gonna be ok. He's just gon have to face the fact that I love you and no matter what he says or does, we'll be together."

"I love you too."

He kissed me and I kissed him back.

"Aww they are so cute." Mimi said.

I smiled and pulled back.

"I'm tired of being alone, I need a woman." Danny laughed.

"Oh don't worry. Mama got you." Mama said kissing his cheek.

"Uh, no thanks mama. Last time you tried that it didn't go so well."

"Oh stop. Kelly was a pretty girl." Mama said.

"Mama she was bald headed! She pulled off her wig right in front of me, in public. Then after I dipped on her while she was in the bathroom, she began stalking a nigga."

We all laughed.

"Don't worry, I got you." I said.

"Aye that's what I'm talking about sis. You could hook me up with one of them women from church. You know they be freaks." Danny smirked.

Grandmama slapped his arm. "Boy you a mess."

"Grandmama I'm far from a mess. I'm sexy, got all the lil girls chasing me." He popped his imaginary collar.

"Them lil girls are gonna get chu in trouble." Mama said.

We spent the rest of the night chatting and cracking jokes over dinner. We hadn't had this much fun in a while. It was good to see everyone at peace instead of fighting.

After we had all finished dinner and paid we were all about to leave but Odell got up and stood up on his chair.

"Excuse me! I have something I have to say." He said.

Everyone in the restaurant looked at him like he was crazy. I looked up at him with wide eyes. What is he planning to do?

"Odell what are you doing?" I asked confused.

"You'll see." He smiled at me.

I looked over at Mimi and she sipped her wine and smirked. I looked at Grandmama and mama, but they didn't say anything. Nobody wanted to let me know what was going on.

"This woman right here, Victoria Fay Adams, I love her very much. I never thought I would find somebody like her or somebody to love me for me period. But when she came into my life, all that changed. It's been almost a year since we've been together and it's been great. I wasn't in the right place when I met her but she  encouraged me to change and do right. And I want thank her for that. She's definitely someone I want to spend the rest of my life with." He said.

I didn't even notice I was crying. I smiled and wiped my tears that was falling.

"So with that being said," he stepped down off the chair and got down on one knee.

I can't believe he's doing this. He's gonna propose to me?

"Victoria Fay Adams, will you marry me?" He asked.

I was crying uncontrollably but I managed to nod yes. Everybody cheered and clapped as he slipped the ring on my finger. He got up and wiped my tears and kissed me. I kissed him back. Words couldn't describe how happy I was.

"Go ahead sis!" Mimi said.

I felt Odell smiled against my lips. I pulled back and hugged him.

"I love you Jr."

"I love you too baby."