Chapter Three - Houdini

Photo of Peter Carter on the side >>>>>>>>>>>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Three - Houdini

"Lights turned up, it's hard to hide

Sometimes I want to disappear"

Foster the People

            The mess around my apartment now was pretty much organized and I was even able to find everything I needed to get to my job interview.

            The company wasn't far away from where I live so I was able to get there in less than 10 minutes. The building was pretty high and on the front wall it was situated a sign written M-Tech in it. I wasn't expecting such a big company but if Mr. Bradley sent me here it's supposed to mean that I can do the job. Or at least, that's what I was trying to believe.

            Even though I had my diploma and MBA and everything else, I still wasn't completely secure about this interview. It was as if something was pushing me away and I really wanted to get the job.

            Entering the building, there was a desk with two women working. I assumed they were secretaries or something similar so I made my way to one of the desks and before I was able to say anything, the woman spoke.

            "Mr. Farris only accepts scheduled visits." She said, not even looking at me. I raised a brow and didn't move away, as she expected me to do.

            "I'm Isabella Hirchiman. I'm here for the Project Management job interview." I told her with my best professional voice.

            She immediately looked at me, surprised with what she saw. I didn't think I was too bad for an interview so I ignored her looks checking me from head to toes.

            "Ms. Hirchiman, I'm so sorry. You can go to the 11th floor then to your right. I'll let Mr. Farris know you're here... Take the elevator." The middle-age woman rambled and I was barely able to understand what she said. Either way, I did as she told and made my way to the elevator.

            When I got to the 11th floor, my eyes wondered to the desks well organized across the room. Everything was so tidy I was wondering who cleaned the place. I would totally hire someone to do this with my apartment.

            "Ms. Hirchiman." Someone called from my left and I turned to see who it was. There was a guy in his late twenties with curly brown hair and blue eyes. He's way younger than I thought, I wondered.

            "Mr. Farris?" I asked, going to his direction. He laughed and shook his head, leaving me confused.

            "No, I'm not your boss, thankfully. That guy is way uglier than I am." The man said casually enough to make me relax. I liked him already.

            "So. You are?" I asked.

            "I'm Peter. Peter Carter." He said, as we shook hands with each other.

            "Nice to meet you, Mr. Carter." I told him, truthfully. If everyone in this company was as friendly as this guy was, I would love working here.

            "As well." He said grinning. "Luke is in the middle of a phone call with his mother and it's not so nice when she calls. So, I'm going to start this interview for him. Is that okay?" Mr. Carter said now looking more professional and I nodded.