Chapter Six - Change my mind

I had a really good time writing this chapter so I hope you'll like it =)

Picture on the side of Lucas >>>>>>>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Six – Change my Mind

"The end of the night

We should say goodbye

But we carry on."

One Direction

            "How is everything going with your boss?" Carol asked me through the phone, since I wasn't able to get out of work to have lunch with her.

            "Hmm, it's going fine. Yes. I'm fine." I told her, trying to lie. The thing was that I didn't tell her we kissed again. Actually, I didn't even mention he took me home last Friday, or else she wouldn't stop talking about it and I was already full of this. All I wanted was to focus on my job.

            "Your ability to lie is getting worse with time, you know that right?" Carol asked me and laughed, making me groan.

            "Okay! I'll tell you, but later." I said and finished packing my files. "The meeting with the board is in ten minutes and I really need to concentrate now." I explained and she sighed, defeated.

            "Fine! So promise you'll meet me later for happy hour drinks!" Carol told me and I had to agree with her. Having a time to relax after work would do me great.

            "I promise. Now, I really need to hang up." I told her and we said our goodbyes. Then getting the files and the pen drive for the presentation, I closed my office and headed to the 7rd floor where the meeting room was situated.

            "Ready?" Peter asked as he saw me coming.

            "I think I am." I told him, feeling rather nervous about the whole thing.

            "Don't worry about it." He told me and placed one of his hands on my shoulder. "Luke is on his way and he'll protect you from the lions."

            "Lions?" I asked him getting worried.

            "That's how I call them. Either way, don't listen to me. They'll love you." Peter tried to calm me down but it didn't work, especially when I heard voices coming from behind me.

            "Here's the new Project Manager. Isabella Hirchiman." I turned around to see Lucas with four other men by his side. They were all wearing tuxedos and looked like sixty year old each.

            I felt all of them staring at me from head to toes and tried to ignore the looks. I was dressed like any other professional in my position so I didn't have to worry about it. Or that's what I was trying to convince myself.

            "Pleasure to meet you all, gentlemen." I greeted, shaking hands with each one of them.

            Lucas just stood by their sides giving me a reassuring smile. I felt more comfortable just by looking at him. It seemed as if he wasn't half as preoccupied with the situation as I was. And that calmed me down a bit.

            "Our pleasure." The last one in line said. He looked familiar and had black hair with a few strands of gray. I wondered if I've seen him before but assumed it was just my head trying to distract me. "Actually, we heard a lot of good things about you, Ms. Hirchiman." He added with a warm smile.