Chapter Twenty Nine - We Both Know

If you're liking this story please vote for it in the Wattys 2016!!!

Picture of Lucas on the side >>>>>>>>>>

--------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty Nine – We Both Know

"We both know

Our own limitations

And that's why we're strong

And now that we have spent some time apart

We're leading each other

Out of the dark

Cause we both know"

Colbie Caillat feat. Gavin DeGraw

"Are you sure it's okay for me to leave?" I asked for the hundredth time in the last hour and Gabi sent me a reprimanding look.

"I'll take good care of her." RJ answered me, wrapping his arms around my sister's waist and pulling her closer to him. I smiled at the gesture and looked at my side to see Lucas patiently waiting for me.

"You better keep that promise." I warned RJ pointing a finger at him, who nodded and laughed.

"I will." He said but looking at Gabi who was happily smiling at him.

"See? No need to worry." Gabi told me. "Now leave before you miss the plane." She said and winked at me, making me roll my eyes.

Lucas had insisted that we used the company's private jet that was now waiting for us in the runway.

"Okay." I sighed deeply and after giving my sister one last hug, I said my goodbyes to RJ and Kelsey, who had come to the airport with us.

When I turned around to enter the airport, I felt my heart skip a beat and before I could reason whether it was a good thing or not, I felt Luke's hand on mine as he entwined our fingers together.

"You know we could stay if you want..." Lucas said before we arrived in the plane. "The company is still going to be opened here and..." He started saying and I knew he meant it but I had to stop it.

"And..." I interrupted him squeezing his hand. "You'll have to come here once in a while so we can visit." I told him and he nodded, lifting one side of his mouth in a smile.

"Whatever you want, Mrs. Hirchiman." He said grinning as we climbed the mobile ladder to the jet and I looked around trying to remember what it looked like but if felt as if I never was there. When I flew here I was so out of mind that I didn't even pay attention to how lustful it was.

"This is... Fancy." I said as one of the flight attendants came to help me to my seat. Luke just shook his head and smiled, dismissing the attendant.

"If I need anything, I'll just go in the kitchen." Lucas told him, who raised his eyebrows in confusion before walking away.

"It's more comfortable." Lucas shrugged, adjusting himself by my side, even though there were four other available seats for him.

"Do you thing they will approve the opening?" I asked Luke after a while. I've been thinking about the whole expanding move and even though it didn't seem to have any flaws, I couldn't help but be careful about it. But deep down I knew my worries were all due to the fact that I missed work, as much as it should sound weird.

"Everything is settled. The board agreed. The legal documents are signed and in order. And I already have someone trustful in mind to send there to take care of the company." Lucas answered me and I nodded, knowing he would tell me if there was anything wrong.