Chapter Twenty Eight - Catch Me

This chapter is, (un)fortunately the beginning of the end. There's only a few more chapters. I don't know if it'll be two or three, but something close to that *sobs*

I really hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story.

The music of this chapter was actually what inspired me to write it. I didn't know what to do with the chapter before listening to it... So, you should listen to it too.

xoxo

--------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty Eight – Catch Me

"A new day dawns the morning light

How beautiful was last night

Woke up in your arms again

Your face before my eyes

Another plane, another show

It's getting hard to let go

Never was real good at goodbye."

Tony Lucca

I woke up in the middle of the night not being able to move. My eyes tried to get adjusted with the poor lightning coming from one lampshade in the other side of the room.

I tried to move one arm but it was blocked and my sleepiness took away all my strength.

It took me a while to understand why I couldn't move. And when it finally hit my mind, I knew I had a wide grin splattered on my face. I smelled the original and unique scent of Luke embracing me and closed my eyes again. If this was all just a dream, then so be it, though I was sure this would never be a dream, after all, not even a dream could be better than the reality.

And the reality was that Luke crossed the ocean for me. And he told me he loved me.

Not even my best dreams could beat that.

I gently tried to turn around to look at his face without waking him up. After a lot of struggle I accomplished my mission and there I was face to face to Lucas. He had the most calm and relaxed expression I've ever seen him wearing. I would never get used with his beauty, that was for sure. Even his gentle snore, almost inaudible, could be considered sexy.

I wondered how I was able to let him go. The guilt of what I've done still made me shiver inside and I tried to focus on the good things. It was all gone now, and he was here with me.

It was still dark outside but I felt completely rested already. More than I was during this past month. So I stood there lying on the bed with Luke having his arms around me as if he didn't want to let me leave.

"You're making me self-conscious, Belle." I blinked twice hearing Lucas' sleepy voice. He still had his eyes closed so I didn't think he was awake and conscious of my weird staring, though it made me smile.

"I'm wondering if you're real, that's all." I told him in a weak tone and saw him gently opening his eyes and smiling at me. Then he pulled me even closer and kissed me on the tip of my nose.

"Why are you awake?" Lucas asked still looking me in the eyes.

"I think I've slept enough already." I answered and shrugged so he raised his eyebrows in surprise. I didn't blame him. I had to admit I was never the morning type of person, after all.

"Do you want to get up?" He asked me and I chuckled seeing clearly in his voice that he wouldn't be too happy if I said yes.

"No. Actually, I wouldn't mind being here forever." I answered him and ran my fingers through his messy hair. The truth is that I missed waking up beside him.