Chapter Fifteen - Constellations

Picture of Sandra on the side >>>>>>>>

Hey guys! So, I must admit that I had no idea how to write this chapter! Then I listened to Jack Johnson's song Constellations and everything felt just perfect! That's why I chose this song... It was the inspiration I needed..

Anyways, I really hope you like it!

(before, there's one more thing I wanted to ask you =X I'm Brazilian and English isn't my first language at all.. So I would really appreciate if you told me about my spelling and everything else, so I can get better. It would mean the world to me!) thanks!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fifteen – Constellations (not edited)

"With a sunset and a moonrise

Not so far behind to give us just enough light

To lay down underneath the stars

Listen to all the translations

Of the stories across the sky

We drew our own constellations."

Jack Johnson

"Are you really nervous?" Lucas asked and I wanted to punch him. I didn't get why he found it so amusing that I was freaking out to meet his mother. He was the one who warned me about her, in the first place.

"If she doesn't like me, am I going to be sent to the grill?" I asked. For what I heard, mostly for what Carol told me, Sandra Farris was one of the biggest bitches around the country. And that wasn't a bad thing for her. It was like an award. Of all the wives of the rich men in the country, she was one of the few that actually had a work for herself and made something with her life. How wouldn't I be intimidated?

"She'll love you. That's the problem." Lucas told me while focusing his attention on the road.

"The problem?" I asked him, getting more confused.

"Just relax and try not to think about it." Lucas shook his head and stopped the car in the middle of nowhere. Then looked at me and wrapped his fingers with mine.

"For now, you can just be the Project Manager of the Company. She doesn't need to know everything." Lucas said and that calmed me down a little, though for some troubled reason, I did wanted his parents to know about us. It was pretty obvious that if I could, I would want him to meet mine.

"Sure." I answered him and took a deep breath, sending away the thoughts of my family. Totally not appropriate.

"I have no idea how I'm going to be able to spend the whole afternoon with you and not kiss you." Lucas stated and got back to the road. I laughed at him, though I understood what he meant. I didn't think I would be able to do that either.

"We can always sneak out." I shrugged, pretending to be innocent about it.

"I see..." He said, in deep thought. "I can take you on a tour to the house." I raised my eyebrow at him when I realized he had a very malicious grin on his face.

"Am I supposed to be scared?" I asked, still staring at his expression.

"You'll like it. Believe me." Lucas said and I decided to trust him, so I turned around to look at the road and realized I was familiar with the place.

"Hey, isn't this the place you took me?" I asked Lucas, pointing to the wired fence that lead to the soccer field he took me in our first date.

"Yeap." Lucas said after he stopped the car. Just then I saw there were other 10 or so more cars parked in front of a huge wooden house. More like a mansion if I was honest.