Chapter Twenty Five - Tears and Rain

Picture on the side of Bella in the charity ball.. I know it's late but anyways... >>>>>>

--------------------------------

Chapter Twenty Five – Tears and Rain

"I guess it's time I run far, far away

Find comfort in pain

All pleasure's the same

It just keeps me from trouble

Hides my true shape,

Like Dorian Gray

I've heard what they say

But I'm not here for trouble

It's more than just words.

It's just tears and rain."

James Blunt

            It has passed a month since I returned to England and things didn't get any less worse. Although Gabi was already out of the wheelchair and getting much better, which gave me relief, I must say I was a wreck. I still haven't come back to work and all I did with my days was help Gabi with her bandages and routines.

            "Here's the file Ms. Hirchiman." The receptionist of the rector's office told me, handing me an envelope. I was at Gabi's college campus getting the confirmation that she would be able to take the exams she missed during her time away from the university.

            "Thanks." I said to the woman. "She's probably coming back in a week or two, so she'll come here to schedule the exams." The woman nodded and I dismissed myself from the office.

            It was weird coming to this campus again. It was there that I graduated and completed my MBA but it felt so different. I used to think I belonged here in the middle of the green grass and inside the brick walls. Now it just felt distant.

            Taking my time, I went home walking, my newest routine. I completely left behind the average kind of transportation and accordingly to Kelsey I have lost some weight. But walking was the only thing that could give me some peace of mind these days.

            "Hey, there's food in the microwave for you." Kelsey told me as I closed the door of the apartment behind me. "Were you walking again?" She asked and I nodded. Another thing I've been doing was restraining my words to a minimum.

            "It's hot outside." I told her as she looked at my hair pulled up in a messy bun and my cheeks probably pink from the exercise. Then I walked to the kitchen craving for some lunch. I haven't realized I was so hungry until I saw the meatloaf and pasta Kelsey made me.

            "What's up, sis?" Gabi showed up in the kitchen minutes later and slowly sat by my side. I watched her every move trying to make sure she wouldn't hurt herself. I have warned her to stay on the bed before she's certain that nothing hurts but she wouldn't listen to me.

            "I brought the confirmation for you." I told her and motioned to the envelope standing on the counter near her other mails.

            "Thanks... I'm thinking of returning tomorrow." She said and bit her lip as I raised my eyebrows at her. She wasn't ready to return to college yet. She wasn't even supposed to be walking yet.

            "Gabi, you're still recovering. There's no way you're coming back tomorrow." I protested and she sighed in frustration.

            "I'm fine." She shrugged trying to convince me but I shook my head.