Chapter Twenty Two - Wherever you will go

Picture of RJ and Gabi on the side >>>>>>>>>>

Dedicated to the lovely @ifeelpretty because of all her support. Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty Two – Wherever you will go

"And maybe I'll find out

A way to make it back someday

To watch you, to guide you

Through the darkest of your days

If a great wave shall fall

And fall upon us all

Then I hope there's someone out there

Who can bring me back to you."

The Calling

            I walked up the stairs of the great ballroom where the charity ball was being held trying hard not to stumble. The flashes of many cameras were coming in our direction and as I felt Lucas' hold on my hand get tighter I knew he wasn't feeling more comfortable than me with the situation. We already knew the media people would be waiting here when we decided to show up together. But Lucas wanted them to know that we were serious and making an appearance in this charity ball together was more than a chance to do this, so I told him it was a good idea.

            Not that I didn't regret it a bit when we got out of his car, though. When we reached the top, Lucas stopped and turned his attention to one of the reporters, who requested for a brief interview earlier.

            "Goodnight, Mr. Farris." The man said, greeting Luke, who put a forced smile on his face and managed to answer the questions. Because of all the noise surrounding us, I wasn't able to hear exactly what they were talking about, until the reporter approached me.

            "So, Ms. Hirchiman, is it true that you're the responsible for this charity ball?" The guy asked and I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I wasn't expecting such question.

            "Actually, I came up with the idea a few months ago, thinking the hospital deserved it. But it's all on Lucas. He's the one who did it all. Of course, with the help of the whole team." I answered, trying not to sound so nervous about it. But who was I kidding? It wasn't as if I was used with the whole 'being-in-the-spotlight' kind of thing.

            "She's being modest." Lucas interrupted me and the reporter sent us a look that I couldn't quite read.

            "I see you make a beautiful couple indeed." The reporter said, taking some notes on a moleskine. "The article will be up probably tomorrow by the morning." He told us and called a photographer to take a picture of us.

            When it all ended and we finally were able to enter the room, I looked around and felt my heart racing. Everything was just perfect.

            "I need to talk to my father." Lucas said while holding my hand, but then I saw someone who I really wanted to talk to coming in my direction.

            "Go, I'll meet you in a sec." I told him and after kissing me on the forehead, Lucas walked away.

            "Bella! I can't believe this! It's been so long." The woman was already wrapping her arms around me and giving me a bear hug that would probably mess up with my hairr and dress. But it was completely worth it.

            "Lucy!" I said, smiling and hugging her back. The warmth and the familiar feeling of her arms around me were enough to make tears start to come to my eyes. "I missed you." I whispered to her and she pulled me away, but without breaking contact.