Chapter Sixteen - Wipe Your Eyes

------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Sixteen – Wipe Your Eyes

"I'm here to wipe your eyes

Tonight before you fall asleep

I run my thumbs across your cheek

Cry, 'cause I'm here to wipe your eyes."

Maroon 5

I opened my eyes feeling the warmth of Lucas's arms around me and smiled. I knew we were probably late for work cause I didn't wake up with the sound of the alarm, but incredibly enough, when I searched for the clock, I saw that it was only 5:47am and I had more than an hour before I had to get up.

I tried to turn around and Lucas moved a bit, giving me space. "Sorry, I didn't want to wake you up." I said, realizing he was looking at me.

"I was awake already." He told me and pulled me to his arms again. "You still have some time to sleep." Lucas said wrapping me on his arms.

I couldn't even think of an answer before I dozed off to sleep. And when I woke up again, it was really time to go to work.

"Do we really have to go?" Lucas asked when I turned the alarm off.

"You're the CEO, you can miss work. But if I don't show up, I don't think my boss would like it too much." I answered him and turned to look at him. As usual, he looked hot with his bed hair and face.

"Oh, your boss wouldn't mind a bit. Actually, he would love if you missed work today." He told me and grinned at me. I laughed and tried my best to push him away, but even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to get away.

"I really need to finish the software project and the spread sheet of this month. " I reasoned and Lucas groaned in frustration.

"Why do you have to be so professional?" He asked me, getting up, only wearing his boxers.

"If I weren't, you wouldn't have hired me." I answered him and got up too, grabbing my clothes from the nightstand. Lucas made me pick my work clothes the day before so I could sleep at his apartment and don't need to come back to mine to change.

I was finishing buttoning my shirt when I saw him staring at me, smirking.

"We do make a hot couple, don't we?" Lucas asked and I shook my head, hiding a smile from forming on my face.

"Stop distracting me and let's eat some breakfast Mr. Farris." I told him and walked past him towards his kitchen.

I had been here for a few times after we started dating in secret, so I was already familiar with the organization of the kitchen.

I grabbed two mugs and put them on the counter as I prepared us some coffee. When I finished, I got some eggs and put on the counter beside the oven. Lucas walked in just then and lightly pushed me away from where I stood.

"I got it from here." He said, cracking the eggs and putting them in the frying pan. He knew I didn't like cooking so I didn't complain.

Knowing it would take a few minutes before the eggs were ready, I walked to the bathroom to fix my hair and apply some make up.

When we finished having our breakfast, I helped Lucas clean everything and soon we were heading to the parking lot.

As soon as we got to the Company, I knew it was time to part ways. No one knew about us and, for a while, they couldn't know. I already knew the rumors that would be spread as soon as we decided to get out in the open.