Chapter Nineteen - The World is Watching

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nineteen – The World is Watching

''And I can see the world is watching''

Two Door Cinema Club (with Valentina)

I heard the phone ringing and groaned pretending nothing was trying to wake me up. It was Saturday, after all.

Lucas woke up right after me and decided to check the phone which was actually his, so he had to release me from his arms and sit up on the bed.

"It's my mom." He said in a husky morning voice that I grew to love. "She called over five times already."

I forced myself to open one eye and looked at him seeing he was worried.

"You should call her. It might be important." I told him and congratulated myself for being in such a good mood. Usually I would just grab him by the arms and pull him to myself again.

"Yeah. Right..." Lucas said and took the phone to his ear while I drifted back to sleep. It shouldn't be past 9am in the morning yet and when I actually got to sleep last night it was over past 5am so I deserved some rest.

When I was almost falling completely back to sleep, I sensed Lucas getting out of the bed and sat up, getting worried too.

"Is something wrong?" I forced myself to ask when I saw him staring at the screen of his notebook. He was right in front of it so I couldn't see what he was looking at.

Lucas hesitated for a moment before turning towards me and looking rather confused whether to say or not something.

"Depends of your definition of 'wrong'." He finally said making the curiosity inside me grow.

"Spill it." I asked, not willing to get out of the bed just yet.

"My mom called me to interrogate me." He said and I raised my eyebrows in confusion, waiting for him to continue the explanation. "When she realized I had no idea what she was talking about, she told me to check on any gossip website." Lucas told me and took the notebook from the desk, handing it to me.

My eyes scanned the screen until I saw a picture that caught my attention. And the reason for my interest was simple. It was a picture of Lucas kissing me on the forehead under the rain and in front of the nightclub we were at yesterday.

"How... Why?" I asked still dumbfounded.

"Read." Lucas told me simply and I clicked on the link for the picture.

Is CEO Lucas Farris hooked?

The heir to the technology empire M-Tech and one of the most eligible bachelors of the country, Lucas Farris, was caught leaving a nightclub this Friday night with a blonde girl. Sources tell us they also arrived together and didn't stay long.

''It's probably just another model.'' Said someone who saw them there together. The thing is that we've never seen this guy with anyone for more than a few weeks. But anyhow, does Sandra Farris, socialite and Lucas' mother, have a reason to get her hopes up for a future grandson? The woman have already stated several times that she wants her son to be married soon, and if everything goes well, we will have a big wedding coming out.

I stopped reading and looked through the other pictures attached. Suddenly something came back to my mind and everything made sense.

"The flashes." I thought out loud and Lucas sent me a confused look. "When we left the club and when we got here... I saw these flashes but I couldn't see where they were coming from so I just ignored it." I explained him and he ran his fingers through his hair.