Chapter Twenty Seven - Where You Are

Please listen to the music above as you read this chapter!

-----------------------------------

Chapter Twenty Seven – Where You Are

"I'm standing at your door

It's been a million miles

I'll be the first to say

I can't take anymore

And that I wanna be where you are

I feel the same as I did from the start

Oh, I wanna be where you are

And I'm willing to get there

There won't be any hearts breaking again

This is the part where I stay where I stand

Oh, I wanna be where you are,

Tell me you're with me so far."

Gavin DeGraw

"Did you order a pizza?" His words crept into my mind like a knife.

I stood there shocked not being able to move and feeling my legs becoming jell-o. If I didn't think I could faint any moment, I would be sure this was all just a dream.

"Yes." I was able to answer after long seconds but my voice came out weak. It was Lucas standing right in front of me carrying what was supposed to be my dinner.

He looked so damn hot I couldn't even think straight. His hair was falling to his forehead like he hasn't had it cut for a long time and he had stubble on his face, probably from more than a week or two. And even then he looked handsome. His green eyes were focused on me as if I was the most interesting thing to be looked at, which made me completely self-conscious about what I was wearing, but at the same time, made shivers run through my entire body, just like electricity.

"May I come in?" He asked after what seemed like several minutes of we both staring at each other.

I motioned for him to get in and got out of his way, making entrance. I didn't see him as I turned around to close the door. When I came back he had already put the pizza box on the center table of the living room and was looking at me, standing behind the couch and near the window.

My mind hadn't processed the fact that he was really there yet and I couldn't manage a reaction other than completely shock. Just minutes before his appearance I was mourning and thinking about calling him. It was just my pizza that was supposed to be waiting for me when I opened the door. Not him.

"What did you do with the pizza guy?" I asked and shook my head at my stupidity. Of all things I should say, I chose to question him about my dinner.

"I paid him. No worry." Lucas answered not taking his attention away from me not even for a second. I nodded and for a moment we stood quiet.

I tried to reason what I should say first. There were so many things I needed to tell him that I wasn't able to put them into words as much as I tried. Not even a sentence was formed in my mind.

Lucas didn't seem to mind, though, because he stood there looking at me like he could be at the same position forever. It made me nervous that he wasn't shouting at me or punishing me for what I did. I wanted him to be mad, to yell and tell me I shouldn't have done what I've done. That I was stupid for asking him to leave.

"You're wearing my shirt." Lucas finally broke the silence catching me by surprise. His voice was weak and raspy and I missed hearing it by the morning when it was still full of sleepiness.