Chapter 2

Eyeless Jacks P.O.V.

I strolled through the woods, pushing branches out of my way and being careful not to step on any twigs. I looked around me, keeping aware of my surroundings. I watched for any movement that would soon be my prey. In the pocket of my hoody I held my favorite knife. It cut against the skin so smoothly. All was silent for tonight. The moon sent casting rays of white down onto the leaf covered soil. The air was clean, and all that could be heard was the small scraping of leaves against one another. I took a deep breath in, taking in the soothing air. But then, far off into the back ground, I heard a slight shuffle.

I stopped in my tracks and listened, keeping my ears alert. From afar, I could hear shouting, but where? I circled, trying to pin-point the terrified shrieks. It sounded as though they were either angry, or scared. Suddenly there was a loud pop. Was that... gunshots? I narrowed my eyes, turning and focusing into the trees. There was another gun shot, catching me off guard and making me jump slightly. There was a sound of pounding feet that were quickly becoming closer. Prey.

I crouched away into the trees, putting my hood up for camouflage in the darkness. I followed the sound of angry shouts and hid behind a tree. I crouched down and hid behind a rather large bush. I watched in silence as a large mob of angry villagers sprinted past me, shouting things like, "Get her!" Or, "Kill the witch!" What? Witch? As far as I knew, witch's didn't exist. When the last of them passed, I stood, shaking away a few leaves that clung to my hoody. 

I wonder what their chasing... I pushed away the thought. What ever it was it was their problem not mine. All I was supposed to focus on was finding my prey for the night. I traveled in the opposite direction where the villagers came from, not wanting to get entangled in their trouble. 

Once again, the night became silent. The moon high over head became partially covered by a few night clouds passing by. I sighed to myself as I realized the night was already half way over, and I hadn't found someone yet. Usually there was an occasional idiot that traveled in here alone, and they end up working perfect, but where were they tonight? Had the villagers scared them away? 

I just wanted to find my prey and go home to the rest of us. It would be a long walk, yes, but its worth it every night to see the horrified faces of the weak beneath my grip. The sweet scent of their blood and the amazing taste of their organs make it all worth the while. 

I was smiling to myself, deep in thought over when the next time I would get to feed is, that I was startled by a voice. Not a loud voice... no.. It was more of a.. a whisper.. It wasn't very far ahead either.  I ducked beneath some trees and brush and peered out ahead. I was shocked to see a little boy, no older than twelve, holding a gun pointed straight at a girl. But... there was something odd about this girl. I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was just something... different..

"P-please..." The girl begged, her brown hair pouring down her back. Her arm was bleeding, I wonder if she had been shot by the villagers? "H-help me..." He begging voice was just above a whisper. I had expected the boy to help her, but that certainly was not the case.

His cold brown eyes burned into her, the slight breeze of the night causing his short hair to sway slightly. "Witch." He hissed. There was a deafening pop, and the girl fell to the ground hard. He smirked, putting the gun to his side. He then turned and walked away, still grinning. The girl on the ground lay there, twitching and coughing. 

I should have just left her there. I should have just turned and left. To find someone else, but my curiosity got the best of me. I stood from my hiding place when there was no sign of anyone else around. She no longer made any noise, or coughed and sputtered, just lied there, her chest shakily rising and falling slightly. Her hair covered most of her bare body. I approached her, and bent down on my knees next to her, looking her over. There was a bullet wound on her shoulder, and another placed on her stomach.

For a moment, I considered using her as my prey, but when I reached fer my blade, I stopped. Placed on top of her brown hair, were... Ears? And at her back, wrapped around her legs, was a.. a tail? I sat there, not knowing what to do. My eyes drew to her brown ones. She showed no emotion. She took one last breath before she closed her eyes and her body fell motionless.

A pang of sympathy reached my heart. What was this? What is.. she? Without thinking, I leaned foreword, reaching out and gently placing my gloved hand on her ears. I tugged on it lightly, making sure they were real. I stuck to her head, so I let it go. Once again, curiosity got the best of me. I removed my gloved and lightly ran my fingers along her ears, gently stroking the soft ears. 

She suddenly drew in a shaking breath, making me snap my hand back, quickly placing my glove back on. Shes alive. I didn't know what to do. Should I leave her out here to die, and possibly have the villagers find her, or should I bring her back? No... the others would surely kill her the second they lay eyes on her. I argued with myself before making my choice. 

I carefully rolled her over onto her back, and put one arm beneath her knees, another under her neck. She was very skinny, making her easy to lift. A small breath passed her lips. She was loosing blood quickly. I began my long journey home, passing over the trees, listening for the villagers. 

I looked down at her face. Her hair cradled her face perfectly, and her ears twitched slightly. I'd be lying if I said she wasn't beautiful.

I hadn't realized I had been walking for a while now, and I could faintly see the house in which I lived. My heart race began picking up as I drew closer to it. How would they all react by me bringing a girl in? How would she react when she wakes up to us? Maybe she could become friends with Sally...

I walked up to the large mansion of a house and opened the door as quietly as possible. I jumped slightly, getting a better grip on her and shutting the door with the back of my foot. I peered around the corner of the entrance, looking into the living room. Thankfully, it was empty.

I walked over to the couch, and gently set her on it, placing her on her back. She sat perfectly still and I set my sight onto her wounds. I would have to find Slender man. But should I risk leaving her alone? I paused for a moment, thinking, When I heard someone walk into the living room. I peered over and saw it was Hoody. "Hoody." I called him. He glared at me. "Come here." I motioned him over. He hesitantly came to my side. He stopped, confused when he saw the girl lying on the couch. "Don't freak out." I told him. He stood beside me. "Stay beside her. Do not let anyone touch her." He nodded and sat down obediently. I left the room, entering the kitchen.

"Hey Jack." Jeff said from the kitchen table.

"No time." I simply told him. I heard him grumble something under his breath but I didn't care. "Actually," I said, stopping and turning towards him. He looked up at me. "You know where Slender Man is?" I asked.

"I think hes in his room, why?" He asked. If he had eye lids, he would be narrowing them.

"N-no reason. Thanks." I said, leaving the kitchen. I walked down the hall and up the stairs, turning right at the first door. I knocked lightly.

"Come in." He said. I opened the door. "Yes?"

"I need your help with something." I told him sternly. 

"With?" He asked.

"No time. Just hurry." I said, running out of his room and going down to the living room. I came to girls side, where Hoody was still watching over. "Thank you." I told him. He nodded. I looked up at Slender Man, who has teleported here, and pointed to her bullet wounds. "Help her."