Chapter 9

Luna's P.O.V.

My eyes fluttered open and the blurred world around me came into view. I raised a brow, seeing I was laying in a bed, but who's? I sat up, yawning and stretching. There was a small window to my left and I peeked outside, moving the tan fabric draping over it. The sun was just coming up, peeking about the trees surrounding the house. I could hear the faint chirp of crickets and croaking of frogs. A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips, and I sighed happily. 

My ears turned as I heard a shuffle near me. I looked over, seeing what the noise was. Jack was sleeping on a rocking-chair next to the bed, his arms crossed and placed behind his head. I was surprised to see that even when he slept he was wearing his mask. He was still wearing his hoody but the hood was down, his brown hair peeking from behind his blue mask.

I swung my feet over the edge of the bed, shaking my head and fluffing up my tail. I set my feet on the white carpet floor and walked around the bed, coming to his side. I sat on the edge on the bed, watching him. He was stretched out and I felt bad that I took his bed. 

He was still, his chest rising and falling slightly. He didn't look like he was sleeping because of the eyes on his mask, but I could tell he was, as he was snoring quietly. My heart softened. He looks so peaceful. 

I jumped a bit when he suddenly rolled over, murmuring something under his breath. I stood, getting up and walked back to my side of the bed. I looked around. The room was plain. The walls were a cream color and there was a small light hanging off the ceiling. The window was small, but big enough to give a good view of outside. I looked over at the wooden door. It's still really early. I wonder if anyone else is awake... 

I got up from the bed and headed towards the door. I was careful to not make much noise. I reached for the door knob when I froze. There were foot steps outside going past the door and down the stairs. They didn't sound very heavy, it was most likely just Sally. 

I waited for them to go past and I slowly turned the knob, opening the door. To my relief, the door didn't creak when opened it. I pulled it open until there was enough room for me to slip through. I entered the hallway and shut the door as quietly as possible. I sighed with relief when I shut the door. I hadn't woken him up, good. I looked to my left. It was a long hallway with many doors. It was a dead end. I looked the other way. There was only two more doors and then a flight of stairs going down. I made my way towards there. The tile floor was cold against my bare feet, and there was a draft in the air, giving me goosebumps. 

When I reached the stairs I stopped and listened. I could hear voices.

"I'm so hungry." A voice whined. I could automatically tell it was Jeff. 

"Then make food." Another voice replied. It was Ben. They were up early... I wonder how late they fell asleep if they even fell asleep at all. I quietly stepped down the stairs, listening to more of their conversation.

"No I'm too lazy." Jeff whined. "Go wake Slendy up. He'll make something,"

"Do you really think I'll wake Slendy up?" I could picture Ben's eyes narrowing. "I don't want to die."

"Fine, I wasn't hungry anyways." Jeff grumbled. I was about to join then when Jeff said something that made me stop. "So Ben, what do you think about Luna?" I raised a brown, my ears perking up so I could hear them better.

"You mean the new girl?" Ben asked. I heard him open the fridge and move some things around.

"Yeah." Jeff said, waiting for his reply.

"She's cute I guess. Not often there's a human girl with wolf ears and tail." He said. Shocked, I listened further, moving down a step. I pressed the side of my head against the wall. 

"Yeah I know. I've never seen that before. I wonder how she got those." Jeff wondered. 

"Her parents probably did some sort of spell or something I don't know." Ben said. I could hear him carelessly rummaging through the food. 

"You mean like some sort of curse?" Jeff asked. I shuddered at the word curse. I'm not a curse. I hate that word. So much. I was born like this. My parents never did any curse on me. I'm just different. Curses are made to make peoples life horrible. I have nothing to do with any of the people who attack me.

"I guess you could say so." Ben stated. I grit my teeth. I'm. Not. A. Curse. I decided that now would be the time for me to enter. I stepped down the stairs and turned the corner, walking into the kitchen. Jeff was sitting at the table while Ben was going through the fridge still. They both looked at me.

"Morning," Jeff smiled. I smiled and waved, saying Hello.

"Hey." Ben said, looking down at the food he had just pulled out.

"What time did you guys wake up?" I asked, taking a seat at the table.

"Didn't." Jeff laughed. "You?" He asked.

I shrugged. "A few seconds ago." I lied. I didn't want them to know I was pretty much eez-dropping on them. "So who won the game?" I asked. I heard Ben grunt.

"Me. Ben's just a poor sport." Jeff laughed. 

"I'm not a poor sport!" Ben snapped. "Besides I wasn't even trying!"

"That's what you always say." Jeff teased. "I still beat you every time."

"Do not." Ben mumbled.

"See? He won't admit I'm better than him." Jeff said, taunting him. Ben looked up, opening his mouth to say something, but instead he narrowed his eyes and looked away. He pulled out an apple and threw it at Jeff. Jeff, being as quick as he was, caught it just before it crashed into his white face. He looked up at me before taking a bite off the red skin. "Want some?" He asked.

"No. I'm not really a breakfast person." I said, shaking my head. "Not a big fan of fruit, either." I said, trailing away.

"Oh yeah. You're more a meat person aren't you?" He said, taking a bite from the apple. I nodded. Ben came over to the table, carrying an apple for himself. 

"So how do you like it here?" Ben asked. 

"It's a lot better than outside." I said with a small smile. "It's also nice not having to worry about dying in my sleep." I added.

"What do you mean?" Ben asked.

"People don't really... like me. I'm always scared that while I'm asleep, some person will find me an kill me." I explained.

"No one's gonna try to hurt you here." Jeff said. For the big grin on his face, he looked semi-serious.

"Yeah. You got us and Jack to protect you." Ben added.

I smiled and nodded. "Thank you. I owe Jack my life. If he han't found me, I would be dead."

"Well, you're alive. That's all that matters." Jeff said.

"Yeah." I said happily. "I guess you're right."