Chapter 5

Jack's P.O.V.

I introduced Luna to a few more Creepy Pasta's. To my surprise, she didn't run away, or scream out of terror. She just smiled politely, said hello, and waved. Smile dog seemed to like her a lot as well, which I thought was rather odd, considering he's usually not very good around other animals, but then again, shes not completely an animal. I could also tell her and Sally would be great friends together.

I smiled to myself, knowing I had made the right choice. Me and her were sitting at the kitchen table with Jeff.

"So Luna," Jeff started. "You like it here so far?" He asked, glaring up at her.

"Yeah. It's really nice here. A lot better than outside." She smiled sweetly, showing the points of her teeth. I honestly felt kind of bad. All she knew was outside, fighting for her life and constantly in fear of humans. 

"You like the other people here?" He asked.

She nodded. "Yeah. Their really nice... except for.. um.. Ben." She trailed away, frowning. Jeff let out  chuckle.

"You'll get to know him. You just caught him on on of his bad moments." He said to Ben's defense. "He can get a little weird at times."

She laughed a bit. "Well I'll try to get used to him, then." She was still wearing the bandages covering her body, and her hair was slightly tangled from living outside. 

"H-hey, Luna, I've been meaning to ask..." I said. She looked over at me, her green eyes sparkling. "C-can you like.. um.. I-I don't know, speak wolf.. or..?" 

She nodded happily. "Yeah. Growing up with them you learn how to communicate." She explained. A sadness suddenly over came her eyes. "M-my mom and dad... left me... I guess they thought I was some kind of curse or.. I don't even know... they just... Left me. A mother wolf with three pups found me... took me in and raised me..." She paused. Frowning. Her face started getting red and there were tears in her eyes. "My wolf mom... got shot by hunters when me and by brothers were only babies... and I got separated from my siblings when I was 7. They were all I had left..." She suddenly stopped, looking up at us, wiping away tears. "I-I'm sorry." She laughed nervously. "You probably don't really care..."

I put my arm on her shoulder. "I'm sorry that happened to you." I mumbled. She smiled, tears still falling. "I-I know you most likely don't want to talk about this, but why were the villagers chasing you?"

"Jack, she's already sad there's no point in making it worse." Jeff said, glaring at me.

"N-no it's okay." She sniffled. "I've been alone for years, and I find many villages, but their all the same. They think I'm a witch, that I'm their to kill them, so they chase me off, sometimes even trying to kill me, like that last one did." She explained.

"O-oh..." I didn't know how to reply. Idiot. Why can't you be more comforting? There was a silence and she wiped away her tears, calming down.

There was a slight shuffle in the kitchen door. "How's she doing?" A voice asked. We turned our glares over to Slender Man, who had just entered.

"She's doing good as far as I can tell." Jeff said cheerfully. Slender Man looked at her, than at me. 

"Why is she crying?" He asked, concerned and taking a few steps into the room. She laughed and looked away from him, peering down at the table.

"I-I'm fine." She smiled, swiping her hand across her eyes and wiping away the last tears. She took in a shaky breath and looked up at him again with a smile. "I'm just... thinking about things."

He nodded, and then turned towards the fridge. "Who's making food tonight?" He asked. He looked up at Jeff. 

"Not me." Jeff said, getting up from the table and leaving the room. 

"Are you hungry?" Slender Man asked Luna.

"N-no, not really." She said. Suddenly her stomach let out a low growl. She blushed and looked away. "Actually yeah... a.. a bit." 

I chuckled and looked at her blushing face. She's so cute... Her ears were twitching slightly and her tail was dangling off the chair, swaying right to left slightly. There was a sudden rush of heat in my face and I looked away, taking in a deep breath. What is this? 

"I'm guessing that I'll be the one making food tonight..." Slender sighed, drawing my attention to him. "Okay. What would you like, Luna?" He asked her.

She peered up at him. "Um... it doesn't really matter." She said.

"I'm guessing you're going to want meat? Steak? Would that be good?" She asked. She nodded happily.

"That would be amazing, thank you." She smiled. "Thank you for letting me stay, also." She added.

"Don't thank me." Slender said. "Thank Jack for finding you. You lost a lot of blood and if he had found you any later you would have died."

She turned towards me, smiling. "Thank you." My heart skipped a beat and the same flushed feeling came back to me. Her smile was just so... so perfect. Am I falling for her? No.. No a monster like me could never love... ever... then whats happening?

The words stumbled and barely found their way out of my lips. "Y-you're w-welcome."