Chapter 33

*Sigh* Okay, okay. I just wanted to say I love all of you so much. I honestly had no idea my book would be so popular UwU. 

So.. I'm going to try and start updating again. But let me warn you first!! It'll be VERY VERY slow. 

Again, I love you all and thanks for the push to continue.

Ahhh sorry I got lazy at the end!! 

Chapter 33

Luna's P.O.V.

I hummed to myself, looking down and smiling. I couldn't help it. I just... I just felt so giddy all over. Like for ONCE in my drawn out life everything was going to be okay. It felt like I was full, but at the same time I felt weightless like I could float or drift away at any second. 

I hoped to god I wouldn't.

I felt like a winner. Like a warrior. Like I had cut my strings, leaving the puppet maker confused and stunned. 

I hoped I did.

And I know this may all seem like an exaggeration, but trust me, it's not. Not when all you've ever known is pain. Not when I was younger and I would tell myself every day that happiness wasn't something made for me. Not when I told myself to get used to the hollow feeling that ate away at my very soul; my very being since the day I split from my mother and walked on my own two hairless paws.

Now, I knew happiness; true bliss. I've danced in the stars of a million hearts and I've sang the song of a thousand birds. 

Apparently, my happiness was evident, (not that I was surprised) because there was a gentle hand tugging me out of my blissful thoughts with small nudges.

"Luna," A voice whispered. I turned, eyes sparking. My tail was swaying back and fourth, lightly brushing and brimming across my legs, the hairs skittering across the skin. 

"Hm?" I breathed, and my smiled returned; like I said, it wasn't something I could control anymore. And to be honest, I hoped I would never have to take my smile off again.

"What's on your mind?" Jack asked, cocking his head to the side. 

Still a bit wary and in thought, it took me a minute to reply. I gazed around for a slim second, my eyes falling on Emerald. She hadn't taken notice that I drifted for a second, lost in my own head full of thoughts. She was looking ahead, stepping on dry leaves avoiding rocks. I watched her muscles as she walked, how her fore legs and front legs moved back a fourth. I'd seen it a million times but for reason I was in a trance. She was so pretty. 

"Oh, uh.." I trailed away, my green eyes meeting Jack's again. "A lot, really." I smiled and hugged him tightly, feeling his body stop walking abruptly. He tensed a moment before hugging back with a soft sigh. 

"Good things, I'm suspecting." He mumbled, petting my hair briefly and tweaking one of my ears. 

"Yeah." I hummed, nuzzling his chest. I felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled. I pulled away and smiled up at him again. "I'm just so happy!"

Jack chuckled again and rubbed my cheek with his thumb aimlessly. "I can tell."

There was a bark behind me and I turned, my attention going to Emerald. She was staring at us, then looked dead ahead again. Not far ahead was the mansion, the lights sticking out in the nighttime sky.

"Ah, we're here." Jack said, walking ahead of me. I smiled wider. God, I felt like I was on top of the world. 

The three of us strolled through the grass and approached the huge house. Through the lit windows we could all see movement, shadows going by and blocking the yellow glow for a few seconds. Even from afar, we could hear a few voices. Well, I could at least, and I assumed Emerald and Jack could to.

We arrived to the door, and I nervously glanced at Jack. Though I was so happy, at the same time I was worried. Would they like Emerald?

As if reading my thoughts, Jack nodded assuring. With that, I opened the door, and immediately the sound of voices conversing filled my ears. 

I stepped in, and the choir of voices simmered down. 

"Sup!" I heard Ben yell. He was sitting in the living room, sprawled out on the couch and holding a remote in one hand. 

"Hey," I smiled back and he turned his gaze back to the TV. 

"Welcome home." Slender greeted from the kitchen. 

I nodded in return, greeting him happily. 

Everything carried as normal, until Emerald walked in. She sniffed around, and most everything went silent. 

"Who's this?" Slender asked.

"Yeah, she a friend?" Jeff asked, who I noticed was sitting on the floor, leaning back on the couch Ben was taking up. Ben was glaring at her quizzically as well.

"Well.. Uh.. She's my sister." I stated. 

"Sister, huh?" Jeff smiled.

"I thought you said she was dead." Ben said, sitting up and almost knocking Jeff in the shoulder with his legs.

"I thought she was," I began. "But.. Here she is. Isn't it great?" I beamed.

"Well, I'm glad." Slendy said from the kitchen. "And what about your brothers?"

"Ah yes, they're okay too!"

"I wonder what Smiley will think of her.. What's her name again?" Jeff asked.

"Emerald." I said. Emeralds ears perked and she trotted into the living room, smelling Jeff's shoulder. Her tail wagged shortly after. 

"She likes you," I smiled. "And she says hello."

"Oh yeah I forgot you can speak dog." Jeff said, petting her on the top of the head. 

"So is she staying with us from now on?" I heard Slendy ask. 

I turned to face him. "I'm hoping so, yes." There was bark behind me, and I turned. 

Emerald was trotting to me, and she sat down in front of me. I knelt down and pet her face gingerly. 

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I..," She began. "I need to talk to you."