Chapter 24

-I have an ending for this story but your all gonna hate me.-

Eyeless Jack's P.O.V.

I woke up still on that chair. Her body was still motionless, meaning she was still asleep. I groaned, knowing she wouldn't be awaking today either, but some part of me wanted to believe she would. I got up, pushing the foot rest down so it molded into the rest of the cream colored chair.

I stretched and looked out the window. The sun wasn't fully up, but the sky was bright and birds gracefully flew by, chirping and calling out to one another. The ground was covered in a flaky white, but the snow had stopped falling from the now open sky. The house was quiet and seemed empty but then again, I was up fairly early, so they could all still be asleep in their rooms.

I admired the peacefulness when there was a small sound that caught my attention. It sounded like shaky breaths, as though someone was having a hard time breathing. They came fast, and cut off, returning a few seconds later. I turned around, examining Luna. She was covered in sweat, her face a bright red and her body trembling slightly. 

I pulled the blanket away, giving her cool air, and leaned down, touching her forehead. Dreadfully, she was very warm. I pulled away, looking down at her and confused. She was so fine when I fell asleep. Her bandages were still in tact, and they didn't have that much blood on them meaning the bleeding on her wounds had stopped, but they were damp from her sweat still beading down her body. Please don't be getting sick. 

Her breaths were still coming short, as if they struggled to pass her lips. Her ears twitched and her eyebrows furrowed slightly. I spun on my heels, rushing up the stairs as quietly as possible. I came down to Slender's door, and I knocked lightly. Thankfully, his voice rang out, "Come in." I opened the door, and entered his room. "Is there a problem?" He asked. 

"It's Luna," I started. "She's shaking, and she's burning up." I explained as calmly as possible. He tense for a bit, then disappeared. I turned and shut his door, running down the stairs to see him standing over her, resting his hand on her forehead.

"When did this begin?" He asked, pulling his hand away and peering over to me. 

"I don't know. I woke up and she was like that. Is she okay?" I said, coming to her side. She was still shaking, and little breaths passed. 

"She seems to have gotten sick, but that's all I can tell. I don't know if its a fever or if it's from infection." He explained. I went rigid.

"But threre's no way there could be an infection!" I exclaimed, lowering my voice as I remembered people were still asleep. "We cleaned her up perfectly fine, and treated her wounds." I said, confused.

"Yes, I know. This doesn't make sense." He murmured.

"Wait," I spoke, remembering what Slender had said once before. "You said she fell into a river." I reminded him.

"Yes..." He sighed. "About two days before she was found, I saved her from drowning in a river." He said.

"And you didn't bother to tell me?" I growled. 

"She made me promise I wouldn't tell. She didn't want any of you to continue to look for her." He said to me. I clenched my fist, looking over to her.

"So you knew where she was this whole time?" I said through gritted teeth, trying desperately to not shout.

"More or less." He muttered. "I knew where she was I just wasn't following her. I found her by complete accident." He explained.

"Accident?" I hissed. "How did you find her on accident?"

"Well, she made a lot of noise from the fall. I simply followed the noise." He informed. 

I grumbled some words under my breath, and was about to speak again when her breath stopped, catching in her throat, as her body twitched slightly. I placed my hands on her arms, shaking them, even though I knew she wouldn't wake up. Thankfully, her breath returned, shakily escaping her chapped lips. I sighed with relief, pulling away.

"You think she'll be okay?" I asked, calming down a bit.

"Lets both hope so." He spoke. "But for the time being, keep an eye on her; make sure it doesn't get worse." With that, he disappeared once again into thin air. My eyes drifted from where he used to be to her shaking form. 

Please wake up...

~Time skip because I'm not good at filling the rest of the days~

We all ate dinner. Spaghetti that slender had prepared. I hadn't seen Ben very much but as I was making my way up to my room for a moment, I saw him crouching down next to her, feeling her forehead and frowning. 

I ignored the pestering urge to attack him and made my way into my room, laying down on my bed. I was surprised to see me drifting off into sleep, when I heard a voice down stairs. 

"Jack!" Someone shouted, pulling me away from the gripping trance. "Jack hurry!" The voice called once again. It was Slender. I swung my feet around the bed, rushing down the stairs. Many of the Creepy Pasta's had left, leaving the house empty but me, Luna, and Slender, and smile dog who was sleeping upstairs.

My eyes immediately glanced down at Luna, who was shaking violently, her hands clenched and eyes shut tightly. I bolted to her side, kneeling down next top her and touching her forehead. It literally burned my hand, making me pull away. "Whats going on?!" I shouted to Slender, who was standing behind me.

"I... I don't know. After dinner I came I here and this is how she was." He explained. Her breaths were short and quick, barely passing her lips. 

Her heart was racing, thumping wildly in her chest. I grabbed both of her shoulder, trying to shake her awake. There was no doubt she was sick as hell, but I didn't now what was happening.

She didn't respond to anything, just kept trembling and tensing. Suddenly, her breaths went short, ceasing to continue. Her body slowly calmed, and her heart was still crashing. I shook my head slightly, eyes widening. "Luna." I spoke, shaking her. Her body was limp in my grasp. "Luna!" I shouted, shaking her again. Her heart slowed down greatly, barely moving. 

Her breathing no longer continued, and her body became relaxed. "No!" I cried out, putting my head on her stomach. Her heart was barely even pumping. Just then, it stopped completely. A warm feeling began dripping down my face, the same substance that fell from my eyes the day she left.

"Jack..." Slender started.

"No."  I stopped him. "Don't even."

My body trembled as I held her closer to me. Just as I thought she was gone, Her chest moved, a large gasp coming from her mouth and her eyes lifting open with a jolt. I leaned up, peering at her wide green eyes.

Her voice drifted into the air, sending relief shooting through my body. 

"Jack?"