Chapter 34

I'm sorry i keep leaving off on cliffhangers!!

It gives me motive to write the next chapter so yeah xD

But if I do, don't worry!!! I'll always update unless I say I won't anymore but other than that I will (but it'll be slow)

Oh my god, I love you all so much!!!!

Also another thing!! I can't remember right, but if I said she has hazel eyes, it was by accident!! Reminder that Luna has GREEN eyes!! sorry for any confusion. 

Chapter 34

Luna's P.O.V.

I cocked my head to the side, ears twitching.

"What do you mean?" I asked quickly, swallowing. Emerald looked towards the front door, eyeing Jack as she did.

"Lets speak outside for a moment." She whispered, and I nodded. I stood, a few bones cracking while I did. I watched as Emerald trotted over to the door, and stop, looking back to wait for me. I followed after her, and peered at Jack. 

"This'll only be a second." I murmured. He nodded and opened the door for the two of us, shutting it when we exited. 

Emerald led me to the steps, and then sat down at the edge of it. She stared down at the ground, her brown tail lifting and then falling onto the hard step.

"Emerald?" I squawked, moving to sit beside her.

For a moment or two, there was silence. All that could fill my ears was the soft chirp of crickets an the rustling of the grass and trees. But then, a small bark broke the silence.

"Luna.." She started, not looking up to meet my gaze. I gulped softly. "I still can't believe your alive..." She looked up at me. Her brown eyes were almost completely dark due to the darkness outside, and the black orbs were glistening. "Des and Corey.. They're going to be so happy to see you." There was a small tremble in her voice, and if wolves could cry, she'd be bawling at this point. 

I patted my lap and she shuffled over, resting her head on my legs. I ran my hands through her soft fur gingerly. "I can't wait to see them again," I smiled. "They must have grown so much." 

Emerald nuzzled my thigh and I pet the side of her face again. "Corey got a mate," She said, shutting her eyes. I gazed down at her. 

"Oh?"

"Yeah. Shes grey, too. But she's got bright blue eyes. Kind of like mom." I looked out towards the trees and sighed softly. Mom... 

"And what about you?" I asked, smiling and brushing the thought away. Now wasn't the time to grieve. 

"Nah," She said, eyes still closed. "I was never one for close relationships. You know that."

I laughed lightly. "Oh yeah. Remember that time you clawed that one pup in the face because he tried to nuzzle you?"

"Ha, yeah." She got up and shook, arching her back to stretch. When she was done she sat down beside me, looking into the trees. Another silence took over.

"So.. Emerald," I murmured, looking into the dense forest I've grown to know so well. She gazed over at me. "What did you wanna tell me?"

"Right.." She sighed. "I.. Wasn't aware you were staying with anyone. I didn't want to say it in front of everyone.." 

"Them? Yeah.. They took good care of me. I was hurt real bad," I pulled down the shoulder of my shirt, revealing the now scarred over bullet hole. "They fixed me up and I live with them now." I stopped, blinking for a moment. "Wait.. What about it..?"