Chapter 21

Luna's P.O.V. 

I was floating. Floating in nothing. Black swirls wrapped around me, tugging me into more nothingness. There was no light. I continued to float. Was I falling? I could't tell. I closed my eyes, trying to think of where I could be. I couldn't remember a thing. How did I get here? What is this place?

I opened my mouth to speak, to call for help, but no sound came out. I tried again, but my voice never left my throat. I stopped, knowing my actions were futile. I leaned back, flipping over. There was no heat, yet it wasn't cold either. No light, yet I could see myself perfectly clear.

My hair floated around, swaying slightly. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to remember something, if not anything, that would lead up to this. I seemed to have forgotten everything but who I was. Yet... lingering in the back of my mind, where these nagging thoughts, but... Who..- or what- were they? I could feel them there- like a missing part of the puzzle, but they wouldn't come fourth.

I let out a frustrated sigh. Suddenly, below me, there was a light. It sparked deep within me, and hope began to rise slowly. The faint flame in my heart raised to a high glow, and I watched as the light got closer to me.

I was embossed in white, the darkness fleeing. I couldn't open my eyes, as the light would have burned them. I felt myself drop like led. I opened my eyes out of horror, and tried to cry out, but still, no sound. I looked beneath me to see what looked like a blue pool. 

As I fell, I realized it was a lake. My body was sent into the water and I was submerged in the lake. It was a gentle current, so I easily swam to the top, gasping in a breath. Everything around me was different. There were buildings, and the sky was a bright blue. I felt sudden hands on my back, pulling me from the water.

"Ma'm, are you okay?" A voice asked.

Confused, I turned around. There were flocks of people, both men, women, and children, all watching me. An elderly woman held a rag-like object to me. "Ma'm?" She said again.

Suddenly, a voice from the crowd shrieked, "It's her! The witch!"

"The ears! She has a tail!" Another cried. The elder woman's kind look fell to horror and she back away, throwing the rag at me. She fell to the ground.

"N-no...!" I said, bending down to help her back up. She scooted away, crying out. I straightened my back and looked around. They were all pointing weapons at me. Terrified, I ran into the trees as fast as I could, but they still followed. I dashed into the trees, hiding.

Suddenly, a large animals pounced on me, and I frantically tried to push it off, but it was stronger. I opened my eyes and stared into its. It... It was me! My own eyes glared at me. My wolf from. The villagers chasing me faded away without me realizing. I relaxed my body, reaching up and stroking the wolves face. It was soft. The wolf nudged with my touch, and backed away. 

It sat down and I noticed something. Its stomach was bleeding. I quickly pushed it onto its side, looking at it. There were three stab wounds placed on it. I was confused, and suddenly, there was a flash in my mind. I could see it. Me, finding Jack, but... I.. I attacked him. He.. He killed me... Didn't he? Than where am I now? I peered over at the wolf, only to see it was now sitting up. 

Without noticing it, I was laying down in the grass, which was surprisingly comfortable, almost like a bed. The wolf walked over to me, lying down next to me and setting its head on my stomach. It closed its eyes and I could feel it falling asleep.

"Wake up." A voice said in the air. I looked around, trying to find the voice that my wolf form didn't seem to notice. "Wake up, Luna, please." It said softly again. Darkness slowly over came me, my wolf form fading away.

I was once again submerged in total black, when I shut my eyes tightly.

I opened them with a gasp. There was a heavy weight on my stomach that quickly disappeared.

"Luna!" A voice cried out. Strong arms wrapped around me, pulling me into a tight hug. My body was too weak for me to hug back, so I lay there limp. The only thing I could muster was a soft groan, as my body was aching terribly and my stomach and chest area hurt like hell.

"Don't squeeze her too tight." Another voice spoke. I smiled when I recognized who was holding me. 

"Jack..." I muttered. 

"I thought I killed you..." He whispered, loosening his grip but still holding me. "I thought you were dead..." He was shaking.

"I'm not d-dead." I stammered. "Jack... I-.. I'm in pain...." 

He quickly got off, letting me breath. I sighed, feeling relived I could breath properly again. "I thought I killed you..." Jack repeated himself.

"I-It wasn't you're fault, Jack. I attacked you..." I told him. I glanced up at Slender. "How long was I asleep for...?" I asked.

"Four days." He said. 

"Four days?" I whispered to myself. 

"I thought you were dead." Jack told me, giving me another thoughtful hug.

"I'm not dead, I'm not. I'm... I'm just in pain... Is all." I realized I was once again covered in bandages.

"You lost a lot of blood." Slender informed.

Suddenly the front door opened, revealing Jeff. His hands were shoved in his pockets and he had a grim look on his face. It vanished when he saw me. His face lit up and he scrambled to my side.

"She-She's awake!" He exclaimed.

"Be gentle with her." Jack ordered. 

"I know, Jack."

"Hey... Jeff." I said with a small smile.

"Are you alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah... I'm fine." I replied. "I'm just... Glad to be back." I said, looking at Jack.