Chapter 35

Well, this is it. 

The final chapter. It's here. 

I wasn't able to go back and edit it, so sorry for any mistakes. 

Enjoy.

Chapter 35

Jack's P.O.V.

It hurt. A lot, really. It shouldn't though. But then again, it should. Why did she have to go? This wasn't fair. It really was't. Everything was supposed to be okay. Everything was supposed to be happy. We were supposed to be together. 

A solemn sigh escaped masked lips, twisting into the air and fading.

It makes sense though. She doesn't belong inside, domesticated behind doors. She isn't supposed to settle down and have something normal. She is supposed to be running, feeling free, dreaming she's free, believing she's free. 

Another sigh.

Although I was upset, I understood. I understood her motive, understood why she chose them, I understood her. 

Out when we were on the steps, she said the words and my stomach dropped. I was expecting news, but I wasn't expecting that.

Inside the house, when Luna's on my shoulder fast asleep, along with everything else in the house, it hasn't risen yet. It was just a lingering dread on my gut. What if she was hurt? What if someone attacked her? What if she split from the group? I wouldn't be there to help her...

So much worry. 

Everything was so quiet. All I could hear was her soft breathing and an occasional thump or creak due to the house being so old. Night was when everyone usually went to bed or went out hunting. Day time was when chaos would erupt. 

Luckily, it was late. Nearly 4 A.M. 

I peered down at her, her ears twitching. In the morning, she'd be heading out. It'd be a while until I saw her next. Maybe a month. Maybe longer. I shifted, raising a hand to run it through her brown locks. I never understood how she could keep it relatively straight with being in the trees and outside all the time. 

It was like it defied physics or something. Not that I had any room to talk. 

I would miss her so much, but I'd have to deal with it. She was a free spirit. She was a wolf. She wasn't some household member looking out windows and chasing butterflies. 

She would be fine. I had to keep reminding myself that. She'd already endured so much, and I think at this point she could take anything life has to offer her by now. Either it be snow, rain, thunder, even if she was to be chased by those damned villagers again I think she'd out run them.

Shes wise, and logical. Shes strong and persistent. She'd be fine. 

Then why couldn't I sleep? Luna had slipped into slumber nearly an hour ago, but yet here I am; wide awake and over thinking every possible outcome of her leaving. I took a deep breath. I leaned my head against hers, careful that my mask didn't hit her. Emerald was asleep on the floor, curled up and her paws placed beneath her head as she too slept. 

I shut my eyes and breathed. I just needed sleep. I couldn't over think this anymore than I already was. 

P.O.V switch

Luna's P.O.V.

Sun leaking in through the windows and the soothing chirping of birds woke me up slowly. I shifted around and stopped, feeling a bigger form resting against me.

My green eyes gazed up and I smiled. Jack.

As easily as the happy feeling came, guilt over took it like a black tidal wave. It clogged up my veins like concrete and I didn't want to move.