Chapter 15

-Feed back please? Thank you for all the nice comments on chapter 14 :D-

Eyeless Jack's P.O.V.

Angry I stomped up into the bed room. I opened the door and shut it, locking the door and tearing off my mask. I threw it on the chair and sat on the edge of the bed, holding my head on my hands and my elbows propped up on my knees. What did I just do? I asked myself. She was crying. I made her cry. The images of the tears forming in her eyes made me hate myself even more. I was more furious at myself for calling her a freak than for her yelling at me. 

"Why. Why do you have to be so persistent?" I asked her, even though I knew she couldn't hear me. She was most likely lying on the couch, still mad. Maybe she was sobbing, I don't know. I thought of going back down; to say sorry, but she would probably just yell at me for calling her a freak. 

I knew it would hurt her if I said those things, so why did I? Why did I call her a freak? Why did I say I only saved her because of her ears and tail? Because I didn't have any other reason. I honestly don't know why I saved her, but it certainly wasn't out of sympathy. If it was out of sympathy, I would have just gave her a bandage and went home, not take the trouble of bringing her back and watching over her. I guess telling myself it was because of the Wolf-like features made the most sense.

I took off my jacket, revealing a blue T-shirt. I sighed frustratingly at myself and lied down, staring at the ceiling. I wasn't mad at her anymore, just angry at myself. "Idiot." I scolded myself. I should just go to sleep. Clear everything up in the morning. I told myself as I closed my eyes.

-----------------------------

The next morning my eyes slowly opened up to a light filled room. I groggily sat up and swung my feet over the bed, stretching and yawning. I picked up my black jacket which I had thrown at the edge of the bed and put it on. I walked around the bed and to the chair and reached down, picking up my mask. I placed it on my face, putting the strap around the back of my head to hold it up. I flicked up my hood and went to the bedroom door, unlocking it.

I pulled it open and immediately the scent of eggs and bacon filled the air. I glanced up at the clock on the wall. 10:30 A.M. I slept in two hours later than I normally do. I walked down the hall and stepped down the stairs, looking into the living room. Hoody and Masky were on the couch, but Luna wasn't there. I turned into the kitchen, peering inside. As usual, Slender was cooking food. Ben and Jeff were sitting at the table. The rest were most likely out or still in their rooms.

"Morning." Jeff smiled. "How'd last night go?" He asked, painfully reminding me of last nights argument. 

"Why? What happened last night?" Ben asked Jeff. I shot him a angry glare, then looked away.

"They got into an argument." Jeff told him as Slender handed him a plate, as well as Ben, too. 

"Thanks." They both said. 

"Well, the argument shouldn't of been that bad, since you let her sleep in your room again." Slender spoke, flipping an egg.

"What? She didn't sleep in my room. She slept on the couch." I said, confused. Jeff and Ben both looked up, shooting me and worried glare. "What?" I asked.

"She wasn't on the couch when we came down." Ben said. My heart nearly dropped. 

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"So she wasn't with you last night?" Slender asked, worry placed in his voice. 

"No." I told him. Jeff got up suddenly and walked over to the door. 

"Slendy, has anyone left this morning?" He asked, running into the kitchen.

"No, why?" Slender asked, looking away form the cooking food.

"The doors unlocked." Jeff announced. For his big grin and huge eyes, he seems scared. I shot up, running to the door. It was true. The door was unlocked, meaning it had been opened sometime during the night. I felt the world caving in.

"Do you think she left?!" I shouted, swinging the door open and looking outside. The sun was bright against my eyes, making me shield them.

I shut the door and ran back into the living, my heart pounding. "Jack, what did you say to her last night?" Jeff asked, narrowing his eyes. I glanced down at the floor, a pang of guilt ripping through me. "Jack?" Jeff called me, making me look up at him. "What did you say to her?" He repeated.

"I..." I began, trying to find the words. "I called her a.. a freak. And.." Jeff and Ben's face were covered in dis-belief, and I shifted my weight, mentally kicking myself. "And I basically said I should have left her to die." I couldn't look them in the eyes when the words fell from my lips. 

"Why would you say that?!?" Jeff shouted. Angrily pushing past me and walked towards the door. "I'm gonna go look for her." He said before slamming the door shut and leaving. Ben followed him.

"You really messed up, Jack." He said as he passed me. Words could not have explained how bad I wanted to kill him. It was his fault this happened. All his fault. Holding back my actions, I sat at the table, holding my head in my arms. I found myself surprised that my eyes stung, and there was a liquid substance falling from that wasn't black. Am... I.. Crying? 

I took in a shaky breath. "Jack?" Slender called my name. I looked up at him. "Why did you say that to her?" Her asked.

"I-I don't know." I stammered, gripping my head again. "I just... I was so angry.. and it just.. Happened. I'm so sorry." I cried out. "And now she's gone. What have I done?" I whispered.

"We'll find her. She couldn't have gotten far." He assured me.

"It doesn't matter if you find her or not. She's not going to want to come back." I told him.

"She'll get over it Jack," Slender said, putting the eggs and bacon on a plate. "She will." He persisted. He came to my side, holding the food. "Want something to eat?" He asked.

"No, not really hungry right now." I said, looking away. My stomach churned and I felt sick. I should have came down. Came down to the living room to apologized. Now she's gone. This is all my fault. 

I got up, pushing my chair in. "Where are you going?" He asked, putting the plate on the table in case someone else wanted it.

"To look for her. I'm the one who found her so she's my responsibility." I stated, opening the front door and stepping outside. When I shut the door I shivered. It was a cold day, and the night must have been freezing for her, especially when she was wearing so little. I walked out into the trees, keeping an eye out for anything.

"Luna?" I called out, looking into the trees and bushes. No reply, of course. For all I knew she could be halfway across the forest, completely free of this whole section of the woods. Luna!" I called out again. "I'm sorry!" I shouted, even though I had a feeling she wouldn't have been able to hear me.

Ben and Jeff were probably saying how much of a jerk of I was, and that they would treat her so much better than me. Anger flooded as the thought of Ben finding her before me came to mind. That if she was hurt it would be my fault and he would be carrying her back to home. No. I will find her even if I have to search every night. 

-----------------------------

The day went by slowly with no luck. I'd been searching for hours, no doubt Ben and Jeff had already gone inside by now. Each hour of not finding her left me to fall deeper and deeper into dread and regret. The moon quickly replaced the sun and I made the choice of staying out all night to search. I stopped in a small clearing, and then paused, listening for any sounds.

No matter how long it takes, I will find her.