Chapter 17

Eyeless Jack's P.O.V.

It was dark, the moon cascaded down onto me as I started my trail again. I hadn't returned home yet, and I knew it wouldn't be long until Slender came out looking for me. I looked up onto the trees, their shadows covering me from the bright affects of the nearly full moon. "Tomorrow it should be full..." I murmured to myself. It was most likely about four in the morning, and despite how late it was, I was still wide awake, alert and in search of Luna.

I could only pray she was safe. She should be. She knows how to deal with outside. I pulled my jacket closer to me, shivering slightly. I was worried for her, as winter was quickly falling. My mask trapped the  heat of my breath in my face, keeping me slightly warm. I was thankful for my all black outfit, and my heavy jacket.

Crickets chirped all around, filling the empty silence. I continued on, venturing into the woods hoping to find her. I felt terrible for causing this. But then again, it wasn't my fault completely. It was Ben's, even if he didn't know it. As if I would let hm have her. She's mine. I stopped myself. What am I thinking? She's not mine... I only saved her. Why am I so angry anyways? I asked myself, stopping in my tracks. I couldn't be falling in love with her, I just couldn't. 

I was pulled away when there was a small crack of sicks, gaining my attention. I dipped under a bush, listening. Another crack of sticks and leaves, followed by voices.

"A little farther!" A girl laughed energetically. "Were almost there!" 

I narrowed my eyes. A boy and a girl came skipping through the trees, holding hands and laughing. A huge urge over came me, and without thinking, I slipped my hand into the pocket of my jacket, gripping on my perfectly sharpened knife. 

"How much farther, Andrea?" The boy sighed. He was wearing a red jacket and jeans, while the girl was dressed in a white tank top and shorts. Odd, given the whether.

"Not very far. I saw it the other day so I remember where it is!" She cheered, grinning. 

"You're relying on your memory?" The boy asked, jerking his head to the side so his long brown hair came above his eyes. 

Trust me, its there!" She reached in her pocket and pulled out a video camera. "All I need is a photo and then we will go home, okay?" She said, standing on her toes and kissing him on the cheek. 

He nodded, giving in. "Yay!" She squealed. I followed them a bit longer, slowly forgetting about Luna as a strange feeling over came me. I noticed something strange. They were heading straight for home. "Everyone says its not real so I'll prove it!"

Their taking pictures. I smirked at them. Idiots. I stepped out from the trees, coming out of the shadows and showing myself. The couple stopped. "Hello?" The girl asked nervously, putting her blond curly hair behind her ears to get a better look at me. I didn't say anything, just slowly drew put my blade. 

They boys breath hitched in his throat and look of horror crossed both of their faces. The girl backed away, tugging her boy friend with her. "W-who are you?" The boy asked, shaking. Without further warnings I launched myself at the two, pulling back my knife. In no time I tackled the boy down, holding him beneath my rasp. I plunged the knife far into his gut. He cried out in pain, his girl friend falling on the ground and watching in horror. I pulled the blade out, slicing it along his stomach. Blood poured from his open gut and I began tearing away his organs.

"No stop!" The girl screamed. She jumped up and grabbed my arm, shoving me off. I turned and stabbed her in the chest. She stopped to a halt and then choked. I pinned her to the ground and swiftly cut her skin, her intestines falling out. Her eyes widened in horror, freezing there as she died. I pulled away her organs and ripped away her kidneys, my hands covered in her warm blood. I bit half of her kidney, lifting my mask up. As I swallowed it, I reached back into her tearing away her other one. Once I was finished with her I looked at her boy friend, who was still clinging to life.

His eyes were wide and glazed, short breaths falling from mouth. I approached him and slipped my hand into the cut I created, reaching in and pulling away his own kidneys. One final groan left his lips before he grew pale, his life falling from beneath his body. I ate them quickly, just realizing I hadn't eaten in a while.

I looked at the two dead bodies near me, and then I realized how stupid they were. Then I remembered why I was out there in first place. Luna. I left, leaving to two bodies there for the police to find sometime.

The night was still upon me, but it was falling below the horizon. The sky was slowly lighting up, birds began to stir. I was out all night, and I still hadn't found her. I growled at myself, taking blame for my failure. Maybe if I hadn't gotten mixed up with the couple, then I would have found her.

But then again, I had no clue where she was. She most likely hates me anyways. Thoughts ran through my mind on how this would maybe play out. I would find her, beg her to come back, say sorry, and she would say yes. Or, I would find her, beg her to come back, and she would say no. My stomach churned at the thought. 

A bird swooped down above me, landing on the dirt and pecking the loose soil with its beak. It pulled up a worm and flew away, flapping its small wings wildly. I sat down, huffing out a breath as I leaned against a tree. I wasn't going to sleep, no, just taking a rest. I'd been walking all night, and my legs ached. Sometime today Slender should be looking for me, that or he sent someone else. If he did, then he better hope it wasn't Ben. The next time I see him I honestly think I will kill him if no ones around.

I took in a breath. Then, I felt something lightly land on my hands, which were placed at my chest. I opened my black eyes to see a white speck. I looked around, watching as more of them fell like ashes. More leaves fell from the trees around me, twirling in the air. 

I put my gloved hand out, a cold breeze making me shiver. More white specks landed on them, and disappeared, almost melting like.

Snow.