Chapter 19

-Thank you SO much for all the positive reviews. I'm really happy you're all enjoying the story so far :)-

Luna's P.O.V. 

I shivered and shook, holding my clothes tighter to me, though I knew it would do no good. I prayed that they would dry soon, or else I would freeze. I made a forced laugh, thinking to myself. Well... I'm awake now. The trees passed me quickly as I didn't know where I was going. I came across a small opening circled with trees and bushes. I sat down in the center, lying down and sighing. 

Is he rally looking for me? Or was Slender just saying that to get me to come back? Thoughts ran though my mind. My heart race slowed down and my body slowly became warm as my soaked clothes molded into my body temperature. The sun was high over head and still beaming down on my face, but snow was lightly falling. 

Groggily, I sat up with a groan, not realizing how tired I was, and stumbled to a tree. I leaned against it, and slid down, my bottom touching the solid ground. I set my head against it. I'm not going to fall asleep. I told myself. But I kept finding myself dozing off. I would jump start myself awake, just to fall again. After a short period of this, it was done. I slipped into slumber, not remember how close it was to a full moon.

---------------------------------------

I awoke lying on the ground. I wasn't cold anymore. I got up, shaking. I tried to stand up but only fell down onto my fore legs. I panicked, looking at me. My arms were covered in fur and my hands were replaced with paws. I rubbed my face-or, muzzle- and realized that it was happening again. My cloths lay by the tree, and I was surprised to see that they weren't torn to shreds. My brown fur covered my entire body, and the night sky had a faint glow of green.

I peered up at the moon, which was full and hung in the sky. I was over taken by a huge power. I raised my head to the sky and let out a howl. It echoed, beaming off trees and leaking into the forest.

I sniffed the air. Rabbit, bird, and squirrel were near by. I felt an urge to attack- to kill. I couldn't fight it. I sniffed at the ground, quickly tracing down the scent. I was even happier when I tracked down something far better than a rabbit- a deer. It galloped playfully through the trees, eating the bark and grazing the grass.

I lowered myself, pressing my fur-covered belly into the dirt, and crawled closer, careful not to step on sticks. I let a low growl before jumping off my paws, sprinting towards it. The deer barely had anytime to react. It tuned off its hooves, dashing away. I was too fast for it. Withing seconds I bounded onto its back, digging my nails into it. I bit onto its neck, leaning to the side and taking it down. It thrashed around, bucking and kicking at me, but with a final blow to the neck with my teeth, it paused, falling limp and lifeless. I brutally bit open  its stomach, tearing away skin and fur. I broke though its ribs and bones, gnawing at its organs

I took hold off them, throwing my head up to swallow. I couldn't stop myself, the one part of me was showing, and there wasn't a thing I could do about. it. I continued shredding the deer up and eating, until there was hardly any thing left.

I backed away, leaving the rest for some other carnivore. I licked my bloody muzzle, shaking my body and running into the trees again. That kill hadn't done the trick. I needed more. I sniffed the air again. My senses were hyper active. The night glow was green, all sounds were sharp. My nose smelled things better than ever before.

As I dashed farther into the trees, I picked up another scent. Rabbit. I cantered right, following it. I leaped over logs and stones, gracefully coming up fast to the unsuspecting prey. I hopped over a bush, seeing my next meal. It saw me and sprinted away. I dug my nails into the soil, never feeling so alive. I reached down before the rabbit could jump into its hole and bit down. I picked it up in my powerful jaws, throwing my head left to right. The rabbit squirmed in my mouth, so I bit down harder, hearing it squeak and its bones crushing. I threw my head up again, wolfing it down.

I barked. I sounded nothing like I did before, but I didn't care. All I cared about was the taste of raw meat. I was disappointed when I smelled the ground and could pick up on anything, so I ran, trotting around and constantly smelling. 

I let out a low growl when I picked up on something. I didn't know what it was though. For an instant, I debated following it, but the over powering urge to kill returned, forcing me on my way. I tracked in down.

It wasn't far. I made a few sharp turned, searching vigorously. As I came closer, I realized it wasn't one, but two. I leaped over a bush, slowing to a trot. There were two human bodies lying on the ground, completely bloodied and mangled. One was male. He was lying on the ground, his stomach cut open and his organs laying on the ground. The other was female. She was laying by the boy, her stomach ripped open as well. I saw boot tracks on the ground, leading to some direction. I followed them. They were fresh, barely a day old.

I followed them a bit longer until I could hear footsteps far ahead. I turned into the trees, not wanting to be seen. My hazel eyes followed movement ahead. I pushed myself lower to the ground, watching.

There was a man sitting against a tree. He was dressed in all black, and his hood was up. He was breathing normally, meaning he was alive. I walked cautiously into view, looking at his face. I accidentally stepped on a twig, and he moved, waking up. I backed away into the trees again, my eyes glowing. I let out a low growl, getting ready to attack. 

His head arose, and he jumped up, seeing my glowing eyes. He pulled out a small silver blade, placing it against his chest for defense. I stepped forward, baring my teeth and narrowing my eyes. I peered up at his face. He was wearing a blue mask. Jack.

I tried to turn and run, to dash back into the trees, but I couldn't. I continued stepping forward, growling and and threatening him. 

The power controlling me was stronger, and I pounced, lashing out my nails and opening my jaws.