Chapter 31

Woah guys.

Calm yer tits plz.

I'm not gonna kill her, it was just a random thought and I wanted to see how you would all react.

Judging by the comments I received...

Not too well.

But yeah. I'm not going to kill her. So please, stop messaging me about it.

Anyways...

Thank you all for reading my story!

It honestly means a lot. I know I don't update much, and I'm sorry for that, but I'm tryin mah hardest heeeere. It's surprisingly hard to write D:

Anyways, I'm gonna start updating more often. Sorta, anyways. Nope.

I'm thinking of making a certain dew date for myself. Maybe every Saturday night at 11 I will. 

I'm not sure though.

Ugh... I really suck at drawing, and I wish I was better, honestly, I do.  I want to make custom overs for people but I can't because *gasp* guess what?

I can't.

So yeah. Sorry to disappoint you guys :(

Also, this chapters gonna be a bit of a filler, so not much is gonna happen...

Luna's P.O.V. 

We stepped through the crunchy leaves, making our way back home. The moon hung half in the star-lit sky, crickets chirping and ringing loudly from the tall grass and bushes. The trees reached for the sky, their shadows cascading down onto the grass, lightly layered in white flakes.

His gloved hand was connected with mine, our fingers entwined tightly, as though we would fade if we lost grip. I walked by his side, smiling and looking at the sky, admiring the stars patterns and designs swirling and dotting the endless abyss.

My green eyes sparkled as they gazed up at them, a small grin tugging at my already curved lips. I hummed a small tune my mom would howl at the sky. 

She was so elegant. A beautiful shade of white, and two glistening blue eyes. They were so memorizing. It seemed if you looked into them, you couldn't look away, as the beauty of the two embers stared back at you. Her nose was a darker white, pretty much grey, and her tail swayed perfectly behind her.

She was so gorgeous, and it confused me how she was a lone wolf and pup pack. She never had any mate, and took care of us all alone. The way she would run was so smooth, so clean, as though coming from a dream. 

She was strong. I'd seen her take down a full grown male before, protecting me and my litter mates. She was so strong, and her will to protect us was like a fire burning light into a dark cave.

On full moons, me and my siblings would walk with her up a mountain, and watch in awe as she sang, blowing the words into the night sky. The moon would reflect in her eyes, and she would sing with more power, the beautiful sound floating into the air.

She loved me, even though she knew I was different. My siblings loved me as well. Oh how I loved them... I would give anything to just see their faces again.

Emerald... My sister.. I loved her more than life itself. We were so close, and I thought I would never recover when we were separated. Sure, I loved mother,

I wondered how she was doing about now, if she was even alive. 

Emerald was tan-orangish color, a completely different shade from me. Her eyes were a deep golden and orange, and they sparkled like nothing ever before. They reminded me of how moms eyes sparkled at night.

I fell deep into thought, I almost jumped when Jack's hand slipped from mine, and he grabbed my arm.

"Stop moving." He whispered, frozen in place. I peered over my shoulder, glancing at him. He reached into his pocket, gripping his knife and carefully pulling it out.

I pulled away, scared he might attack me, but instead he brought a finger to his lips, and breathed, "Shh..." He then looked over at a bush, pointing to it.

I cocked a brow, thoroughly confused. What was he doing? Did he see something? "What are you-..." I trailed away, my ears twitching as I picked up on a sound. It was like feet walking through leaves, but at the same time it was a lot lighter. Like... Paws. 

"Do you hear that?" He asked as we both crouched down. 

I nodded, my ears twitching again and my tail laying against the grass and dirt. "Yeah.... What is it?"

"Sounds like an animal." He answered quickly.

I shrugged. "Must be a big animal then... Are you going to attack it?" I muttered, peering over to him. I was honestly hoping he would say no.

"I don't attack animals." He responded, half to my relief. "But I don't want to be attacked by it."

I looked back into the bushes. "Good..." 

Minutes passed, and the noise faded away. We both stood, and looked around.

"Is it gone?" I asked, grabbing his hand. He nodded.

"Sounds like it..." We began walking home again, but froze.

It was closer now. Much closer. This time, I knew exactly what it was.

Paws. Large paws. They crunched over the fallen leaves, padding on the snow. It came closer and closer, until I could hear the faint growled behind the line of trees. 

That's when I saw it. Two eyes glowing in the bushes. Two golden eyes.

Out from the bush, a paw came, a tan paw. My breath hitched and my eyes widened as a wolf emitted from the bushes. It was large, full grown and obviously a female. It's eyes caught the light, reflecting from the large orange orbs.

I saw it. The glimpse of wonder in the familiar set of eyes.

"E-Emerald....?"