Lapis

Lapis kept pulling and pulling her down, keeping her down with the weight of the oceans. Jasper was always struggling and fighting. Lapis didn't have much to do besides, y'know hold down Jasper with the whole ocean, so she thought.

Will I be here forever? Fused with this monstrosity of a gem? Here? Forever?

She had been here for more than a month, and she was hoping that the ocean's waves would wear away on Jasper's gem. Well, of course Jasper's gem was stronger than her's. There was a large possibility that she might just wear away until only Jasper was left, or Jasper turned on her.

So, not forever. Just until she disappeared into nothing.

As a fusion, you were two separate gems, but in one body. Lapis was one gem fused with another. So was Jasper. They could hear each other, see each other because they are each other.

Jasper turned around to look at Lapis.

"Lapis, please. I just want to go....home." she said, her voice cracking on the last word. A tiny crack spread up through her gem, making a spider web. She shattered and Lapis found herself in the water, unfused. Jasper's gem shards were floating around in the water. Lapis swam to them, and bubbled them.

There was no where to send the bubble, so Lapis held in her arms. The water was her home, and she belonged here. In the darkness, where not even light could reach to.

And the pressure of the ocean shattered Lapis' gem.

*A few days later*

Steven played on the beach, skipping stones on the waves, and the waves would always bring the rocks back. A floating blue circle caught his eyes. The waves pushed it to him.

It was Jasper's gem, shattered into five pieces and Lapis' gem shards floating in the bubble, making a orange and blue puzzle that could never be fixed.