Garnet vs Stevonnie

Okay, so in the song "Here Comes a Thought' it showed, through the visual aid of butterflies, how each gem is stressed or troubled in their relationship and how it affected them, and the both of them together, didn't it?

WELL WE'RE GOING TO COMPARE GARNET AND STEVONNIE WITH THAT SONG HAHAHAH SUBTEXT MY FRIENDS

So from what a lot of people say of tumblr (the fanbase of everything) is that Steven is a lot like Ruby in their fusion, which would make sense, after all Steven is a lot more emotional driven than Connie is, plus, Connie is very smart, as shown several times in the show, which would link her to Sapphire.

But I want to point out a couple of things, yeah it's true that it seems really true, but it kinda bothers me, after all in the song, it shows that Ruby and Sapphire have one problem TOGETHER, one single butterflies that bothers both of them (which I really think that this butterfly of stress represents Pearl after she tricks them into fusing with her), Ruby goes chasing after it, while Sapphire stays, and two more butterflies appear.

And as time goes on, Ruby just keeps shouting at this one butterfly, which seemed to have emotionally damaged her, and she's crying. But Sapphire is stuck in a literal tornado of stresses and regrets and problems, and she's just really quiet about it. She's completely silent.

AND HERE'S MY HEADCANON GUYS

After all, most of that episode's conflict was Connie's, after she hurt Jeff. But she feels so bad about it, and she's outwardly showing signs of distress about hurting him, like Ruby does in the song.

And Steven just suffers silently, about Jasper, Bismuth, and Ruby, all surrounding him, only becoming a problem when he fused with Connie. He's more like Sapphire, being quiet about her problems, even when they get wildly out of hand.

After all, Steven did directly or indirectly cause the pain and suffering of all of those gems in one way or another, didn't he? But he repressed them and bottled them up until they were too much.

Okay yeah so that's it, sad headcanon and stuff.

y'all have to protect Steven and Sapphire bbies protect them from everything.