Song

You turned around. There was something wrong. Something was wrong. Your friends looked around too. There was something wrong.

You all knew something was wrong. It felt like your skin was covered in bugs, crawling around, every square inch of your body. Your friends felt it too. You were all the same type of gemstone, and all from the same gemstone, so you were linked together, emotionally and physically. If one of you felt something, the rest of you were sure to feel it.

And as much as it was horrible, it was beautiful. Soothing. Like the first time you reached Earth, and felt the dew on your feet for the first time, after a whole lifetime of the hard packed earth of Homeworld, it was so soft. The grass tickled the bottom of your feet, and the air was cold in the morning, which was extraordinary to you, and the fact that water could make you float was also amazing.

You had only been formed a few months ago, and you had spent most of your time on Earth, and it was all so new and clean and fresh compared to Homeworld.

But this was not something from Earth. You could tell. This was something from Homeworld.

This was a song. You felt a pain in your head, and saw one of your friends fall, and they started to twitch and shake. You were afraid, for one of the very few times in your life.

More and more fell, and you felt like crying, like scratching your gem out.

And it happened. You saw, and you felt it in your gem.

First the spikes started to poke out of their skin, and colors started appearing in circles on their skin, rings of blue, pink, and purple.

~~~

You woke up.

And you couldn't remember.

~

This is based on the things that Centipeedle drew, that they heard a song, and then they were corrupted by the song that they heard.

And also another headcanons that I heard that the song that they heard was a song sung by all four diamonds.