Onyx

Okay so this idea was from @Nightfuries10 and it's her gem idea okay byeeeee

~~~~~

"Stay here, okay?" she asked. I didn't really know what she meant by that, but I nodded. We had arrived by a strange Warp Pad, one that I had never seen before, or heard of before. But the gem was telling me to be quiet, and she was a senior gem. I had to obey her orders, since I was a Junior Gem, one that was still developing.

She scurried back to the Warp Pad, put one finger to her lips, which I took as a sign for silence. As she warped away, all sounds disappeared.

Suddenly, I knew I wasn't on Homeworld anymore. Homeworld was never quiet. There was always something, the Diamonds calling for their trusted informants, or the sounds of gems talking to each other, or the sounds of drills, digging into the earth to harvest the minerals of gems and to reuse their shards for more clusters.

This was not Homeworld.

A feeling rose in your chest. You searched for the word. Panic. You ran to the Warp Pad to Homeworld, and tried to warp, straining your muscles, but with no success. You checked the Warp Pad.

The Warp Pad was in working condition, then why couldn't you warp?

A thought popped into your head.

The warp pad was broken the other side.

"Oh Diamonds. Oh Diamonds!" you shouted, looking down at the Warp Pad, hitting it with your fists. It didn't work of course, and you had no clue how to fix it. You weren't made to be a mechanic gem. You didn't know how these worked.

There were at least half a dozen more Warp Pads. They must lead somewhere, hopefully back to Homeworld. You tentatively walked to the nearest one, one that was considerably smaller than the Homeworld Warp Pad. You strained to warp, and were surprised to find out that it didn't take much to warp.

You warped into what looked like a fortress or a base of some sort, one that was poorly made, and of wood of all things. A creature looked at you, shocked. It was a gem, but there was a sort of organic look to it.

And it was the wrong size. A Rose Quartz of that size should be massive. Quartzes were suppose to be huge. They were meant to be warriors, fighters. This Rose Quartz was severely undersized, and seemed to lack the basic training that they were suppose to have. When a Rose Quartz sees a gem that does not identify themselves, they're suppose to attack.

This Rose Quartz didn't attack, but called out for backup. A strange choice.

"Pearl! Garnet! Amethyst!" he called out, and almost immediately a Pearl that didn't look like it belonged to anyone appeared, a fusion, and a defected Amethyst came running. It was a strange group of misfits.

Was this where the rejected gems were sent to?

You made the Diamond salute, and addressed them.

"Greetings. Onyx Gem Junior Facet-8A2J, Cut-2LW." you said to them, and you wait for them to say their introduction. After all, how else would you know them?

"Amethyst." The Amethyst said, and you looked at her confused.

"What facet? What cut?" you asked. Pearl looked at the fusion, which seemed to be a Garnet, a fusion between a Ruby and a Sapphire. A stable fusion as well.

"You're not on Homeworld anymore." The Garnet said. You nodded.

"Yes, I need to know the nearest Warp Pad leading to Homeworld." you said. The other default gems only seemed to get more and more confused with every word you said.

"There is none. It's broken." you said. The Pearl stepped forward, gesturing for the others to be quiet.

"Who brought you here, by any chance?" she asked. You thought for a moment before replying.

"Moonstone, Senior Gem of Facet-5O4Q, Cut...Unknown... of the Yellow Diamond Army." you said. The gem's name seemed to mean something to them, at least the Garnet and Pearl.

"She's back at it again." the fusion said with a smile. The Pearl walked closer.

"Moonstone is a sort of double agent, she used to bring gems from Homeworld to Earth to help them escape." Pearl explained, equally as much to you as to every other gem. Escape? Why in the world would a gem want to run away from Homeworld?

"Welcome to Earth. Gem Rebellion." The Pearl said with a hand on your shoulder. You were shocked.

To be part of the Gem Rebellion was every common gems dream. To fight the rules. To be free. Something that no one had known until Rose Quartz had introduced the idea, thousands of years ago.