Lapis X Peridot

Aye, your two favorite gay are back (it rhymed is I spelled it wrong it was worth it)

This ship is taking over my life

~~~

"How are you doing so far?" Lapis asked, just barely moving her head to glance at Peridot, who's face was illuminated by the screen of the computer. She looked happy enough, smiling and occasionally giggling as she typed at a nearly impossible pace, only disturbed by Lapis's questions, Peridot's questions, or pauses that Peridot took to think every once and a while.

"It's going well. Does lilac sound better, or does iris?" she asked, still rapidly typing. Lapis smiled. It felt like a question that she should be asking, not Peridot. After all, Peridot was writing, and Lapis was drawing. She looked down at the colored pencils, slowly searching for the two colors, and yet another smile appeared. There was barely a difference, at least in her opinion.

"What are you trying to describe?" Lapis asked, holding the two colored pencils, trying to see the tiny differences in the shades of purple.

"A lilac." Peridot said.

"Iris sounds better, of course." Lapis said with a smile. Peridot nodded, and continued- not that she ever stopped- typing.

"What do you have so far?" Peridot asked, and Lapis looked down, from her arm, down to her hand, and to the green colored pencil that she was holding, still pressed against paper. As much as she didn't like the way she drew the eyes, and the hair, Peridot still insisted that she was the best artist. Just like how Lapis insisted how Peridot's writing was amazing.

Peridot held the paper up, each corner carefully held between forefingers.

"That's amazing! How did you get Perry's eye color perfect?" Peridot asked, moving closer to study the perfect way that Perry and Percy had been drawn. Lapis honestly didn't think it was her best work, but every time Lapis drew, Peridot always thought that it was the best.

"What did you do?" Lapis asked. Peridot handed the laptop to her, and Lapis scanned through the lines and lines of words, beautiful words, like 'morose', 'breakable', and 'shattering'. She had no idea how Peridot could somehow string these words together to make something, entire worlds. Worlds that belonged to her, and even if Lapis read it a hundred million times, it would always be Peridot's. Because the writer always has more ideas. What you read is only what they have written. In their minds, the story never ends, and more characters are added, some leave, but it never ends. It goes on for however long they want it to, and it branches off, like a sapling, with too many branches and twigs to count. What you read, is just one twig that had grown out of the entire forest.

And Peridot never understood why she kept on saying that her drawings weren't good. They were beautiful, with the shading, and the way that the characters stood, like they were alive, how they slouched, and even how Lapis sometimes was able to capture tiny details, like how the muscles in their jaws were clenched when she drew them angry. They didn't look like drawings. They looked real, like it was a photograph. It was impossible, but somehow, she always did it. Even a rough sketch, it made Peridot so happy, the way that Lapis was able to make a character, and there was so much to build on, and the potential in just a few lines was unfathomable.

Satisfied, Lapis snapped a picture of her drawing, making sure that the lighting was perfect, and uploaded it onto her online portfolio, and her blog, while Peridot published the newest chapter of her fanfiction on her fanblog.