Continued Peridot x Reader

"Now testing." Peridot said to a screen on her arm. You stood in the corner of the spaceship, afraid to get closer to her. There was a silence.

"Well,....." Peridot said.

"What?"

"Don't you know how to fuse?" Peridot asked, confused. You shake your head.

"I-I don't know what it means." you said. Peridot sighed and took a step closer to you. You wanted to take a step back, to run away back home, back to your planet, but you could tell just by the sheer height that you were at, there was no way you could make it.

"It means to become one gem." Peridot said not focused on you, but at the screen on her arm.

"I'm not a gem." you said.

"Exactly." she said. It didn't make any sense. She stood there, unsure at what to do.

"How?" you ask.

"Excuse me?"

"How do you fuse?" you ask. There was no way out of this spaceship, so might as well do what they ask of you, as long as it doesn't get you killed.

"Do you know how to dance?" Peridot asked. You nod. You took dancing classes with a lady named Pearl. Strangely, after a few dance classes Pearl disappeared.

Peridot got closer and held out her hand. You take it. It was strangely cold and steely. You start swaying from right to left, slowing making your way around the small room that you were in.

As you waltzed you started to hum. Peridot was watching you like a hawk and she was clumsy, which was surprising.

As the waltz ended, Peridot's face was clouded with disappointment. The dance ended and she went back to the screen on her arm, typing in a few words.

"You can go back." Peridot said. She pointed at the green sphere that took you here, the hatch to it was still open. You run to it, but hesitate and look back at Peridot. She looked sad, almost lonely.

You get into the sphere, and close the hatch.

 You make your slow descent back to earth.

Back home.