Pearl

"Are you sure?" White Diamond said. The White Opal nodded, and presented the Pearl. She was too tall, too smart, and too happy. Her dress was plain white and slender that fitted her frame well.

The White Diamond stood up, and got closer. Pearl started to feel small, infinitely tiny. White Diamond stared at her in the face and at her gem. Pearl kept staring forward, at nothing. It was against the law to look at a Diamond in the face.

"Defected." White Diamond said before returning back to her throne. Pearl felt a cold hand wrap around her heart.

"Defeated, my Diamond?" The Opal asked.

"Defeated? How could you not see?" White Diamond asked. Pearl felt her legs shaking.

"Her gem is too oval. She's not perfect. Throw her away." White Diamond said like she was discussing her favorite book. Throw her away.

The words echoed in Pearl's head, as she was dragged away, as she was being sold at half the price, and as the buyer took her away.

Throw her away.

Pearl looked up, feeling disgraced and useless.

"I'm Rose. I have big plans for you and I." she said, with a smile on her face. Pearl, looking at her smile made her feel a little less like trash to be thrown away.

"What do you say, Pearl?" Rose asked. Pearl was surprised. Pearls weren't suppose to be treated as gems, they were slaves. They were suppose to follow every order with no argument. But here was a Quartz, asking her if she wanted to do something or not.

"Yes."