Earth's War

"We'll get through this together." Connie said. Steven couldn't believe that was only yesterday. So much had happened. They weren't at war yesterday. That's mostly what had happened. Blue Diamond, without the permission of anyone else, had warned Steven.

She's coming for you. Fast.

Good luck, Rose Universe.

After that, it was a rush to fix everything. To get an army ready, and to get an army. To arm everyone. To train them. To help them understand what their plans were. Garnet had unfused for a moment, Ruby helped with the training, mostly by pushing them to learn new tactics for fighting, and Sapphire helped all she could, trying to find out how long the war would last, what type of weapons Homeworld would be using, and what would be the best way to go, how to fight.

There wasn't going to be a way to win without fighting.

There must've been a reason she warned us.

So are you going to use the Breaking Point now?

How are we going to win?

Steven's thoughts repeated over and over like a broken record. Whatever the reason was, Yellow Diamond had decided that she was tired of the Crystal Gems, and for whatever other reason, Blue Diamond had warned them. Pearl knew that Blue Diamond was the smartest one, she and her council were the ones that chose which planets to colonize. They were the thinkers.

White Diamond was the one that made all the rules on Homeworld. Things that would prevent uprising, or revolts. How they should address their Diamonds. Weapon standards. How to deal with default gems. She oversaw everything, and everyone. She worked closely with Blue Diamond, planning what would be the best punishment, and how everyone should act. They were the rule makers.

Yellow Diamond was the one that conquered planets. The planets were divided depending on who had made the plans to attack. Usually, it was either Blue or White Diamond, but Yellow Diamond also had an impressive number of planets under her control. She didn't make plans. She just attacked violently, and usually that did the job. She was the conqueror.

And long ago, there had been Pink Diamond. The one that saw things as they were, but at the same time, noticed the smallest of details. She, too, was a thinker, but in a different way. She would do anything for her people. She didn't attack Earth because it had the most minerals in the soil. She didn't attack it because it was the biggest.

She attacked it because it was the most beautiful. She saw it, and fell in love. She wanted it so badly.

 And that's how this all happened. Because there once was a Diamond that fell in love too easily with the planet Earth, and was willing to wipe out all humans to have it and to capture it before any of the other did and destroyed it's beauty. She was saving the Earth, just as Steven's mother had saved the humans.

This had all happened, because of love.

And Steven was the next generation of that war. He needed to protect the humans, just like his mother. Willing to do anything for the survival of his friends and family.

Because Homeworld will not spare anyone.

They made it obvious when they declined the peace offer that Connie and Pearl had planned.

It ended terribly.

With the shredded up peace contract, and Connie's broken and bleeding body.