Sneak Attack

"Where are you Amie?" Pearl asked, wondering around. Amethyst could tell that she was worried, looking around. Were those tears in her eyes. Amethyst moved quietly, crawling up further up the limb of the tree. It had to be perfect, or she might miss and land on her gem like last time.

She had to make it.

With a deep breath, one final aim, and a rustle of leaves, Amethyst leaped from the tree, shrieking wildly. Of course, Pearl was fast to react, catching Amethyst easily.

"Amethyst!" she shouted, laughing while she tried to get her off of her head. Amethyst, being light and small, scrambled out of her reach, messing her perfect hair more and more as she did.

Finally Pearl managed to snag the youngest member of the Crystal Gems, and tried to not drop her from laughter. It was near impossible.

The dream hologram ended, leaving Amethyst in a quiet room, with Pearl breathing evenly. How long ago had that been? Years? Decades?

Centuries.

And yet Pearl still remembered it, dreamed about it. Maybe it was to escape the reality, to run away from the stress. Yellow Diamond still scared her, terrified her to the point of death. Maybe this was her escape.

"Wow." Amethyst whispered.