Ruby and Sapphire

I'm writing gay. You know why? Because I just got off of tumblr and man, I need to contribute to all the gayness that's going on.

Let us begin.

~~~~

"And when I shatter?" Ruby asked, playing with Sapphire's hair as she used her lap as a pillow. If her legs were going to be numb, she at least deserved to play with her hair. Sapphire shrugged even thought she knew the answer. She just didn't want Ruby to know. It would haunt her, but sometimes it was best to know.  

"That's a long way off."

"But it's going to happen." Ruby insisted. Sapphire nodded, and noticed that Ruby was crying, but the tears evaporated. There were little steam clouds that were rising from the corners of her eyes. It was cool to watch.

"It's millions of years away, Ruby. There's no need to worry." Sapphire smiled reassuringly, and Ruby nodded, wiping tears away, even though they were just evaporating away anyways.

"But what will you do?"

"Nothing. I won't be there." Sapphire's voice was soft and low, like the sad part of a song. Ruby's voice was always pronounced and hard. Sapphire was always able to....control. Ruby was out of control. There weren't many other ways to explain it.

"You'll be gone?" Ruby suddenly snapped to attention, and Sapphire could tell from the rising temperature. The air always became hotter when Ruby was angry. Or sad. The heat was a little uncomfortable, but she would live.

"Shattered, yes. I won't be around when you're shattered." Sapphire said, trying to end the conversation. She knew that Ruby would fear that moment, up until it happened. But she would know anyways, she knew it would happen while they were fused.

"When?"

"Five minutes before you do." Sapphire said, petting Ruby's cheek, and she could feel that she was starting to cool down. Ruby was always afraid of separation, that Sapphire might lose herself and go back to the Diamonds. That had always been Ruby's fear, ever since they could remember. There wasn't anything to remember before that.

"Oh. Oh. I just thought...that maybe..." Ruby sniffed, and more steam rose from her eyes.

"You nerd. Can you stand five minutes without me?" Sapphire teased, trying to make good of the situation. Ruby managed a weak laugh.

"No. That's why I shatter, remember?" They laughed, but it wasn't all that funny.

"Will it be happy? Will we shatter from an attack?" Ruby asked, slipping her hand into Sapphire's. She squeezed her hand. Ruby squeezed back.

"It'll be happy. Don't worry."

"And everyone else?"

"Will continue. They'll be fine, Ruby."

"Steven?"

"He'll know that we would have wanted him to be happy."

"Are you sure?" Sapphire squeezed her hand in reassurance.

"I'm sure."

~~~~

Wow okay this wasn't suppose to be this it was suppose to be happy wow okay whoops sorry pals.

have fun with this angst

haha